After a ton of reader requests, we’ve been rounding up some of the top things readers have bought recently — so here are some of the most-purchased items from August 2022!
(Admin note: we’re trying out the same format changes as last month, such as focusing on the list of top-bought items only and then a few of the more interesting, trendy pieces instead of the pieces that are also high on the list. At the same time, we’re going to renew our “How to Build a Work Wardrobe At ___” series, focusing on the reader favorites from each individual store, since there really are a lot of clear winners from looking at the data.)
See the whole series here. We’ve tried to note in the text where an item is in our Workwear Hall of Fame, as well as whether it’s on sale!
Pictured at top: white jersey blouse (on sale!) / silky beige blouse / gauzy sleeveless blouse / black crewneck bodysuit
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
THE TOP 10 THINGS READERS BOUGHT LAST MONTH, BY THE NUMBERS
(Unfortunately, note that we don’t have individual product data from Nordstrom, which was the biggest portion of what readers bought last month…)
- The Ankle Pant (various fabrics and rises) / Ann Taylor
- Button-Placket Blouse / Banana Republic Factory
- Fearless Tape / Amazon (featured in our post on DIY options for gaping blouses)
- The Straight Pant (various fabrics) / Ann Taylor
- Milumia Elegant Notch V / Amazon (very similar from same seller, and also high in the list: Sleeveless V and Round neck Keyhole Back)
- Tronjori Women High Waist Casual Wide Leg Long Palazzo Pants Trousers / Amazon (featured in our roundup of the best wide-leg pants to wear to work)
- The One-Button Blazer (various style ranges and fabrics) / Ann Taylor
- Gauze smocked ruffleneck top / J.Crew Factory
- Kate straight pants (various fabrics) / J.Crew
- Flutter Short Sleeve Blouse / Target
TRENDY WORKWEAR FINDS BOUGHT IN AUGUST 2022
The above list is by the numbers of orders per item, as best as I can discern them; a lot of the other most-bought items are longstanding reader favorites. So I thought I’d look through the best-sellers and just pull out a few interesting items.
Kate straight pants (various fabrics) / J.Crew
Abercrombie Pants (featured in our roundup of the best wide-leg pants to wear to work)
Broderie Trim Jersey Shirt (on sale!)
Iris & Ink Arielle Ribbed Merino Wool Cardigan
Everlane Shortsleeve Crew Neck Bodysuit (featured in our roundup of the best bodysuits for work outfits)
Slim Perfect T-Shirt (one of the best t-shirts for layering at the office)
hive recommenation please – I need a wireless bra with books in size 40c or d. the woman wearing has limited mobility so ease of hooks is critical. thanks in advance!
Chantelle has a good one – says it’s a minimizer but not really. Bravado also has one that is very comfortable but their non-nursing line can be tricky with sizing. Also Soma , but those all ripped within a year of having them.
Going to a conference in LA next week. Help me shop! Dress code is business casual. Size 10, pear. Needs to be wrinkle-free
Where in LA? If downtown, it is going to be hot outside and (probably) freezing inside. Also, what industry?
Answer those question in the afternoon thread and someone can help you.
I am sick of all the ruffles.