For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I don’t think we’ve ever featured Alaïa for the Suit of the Week, you guys! (We’ve featured bags and dresses, and I always remember my friend Jackie’s post about her amazing LBD from Alaïa. Also, Clueless, duh.) ANYHOO: I don’t think I’ve noticed gorgeous suiting like this from the brand.
There’s something about it that looks classic, but modern. I think it’s the padded shoulders and straight-leg pants for the modern touch, while the “minimally-detailed,” oversized double-breasted blazer with a nipped-in waist has classic, almost vintage vibes — almost like what Katharine Hepburn or Rosalind Russell would wear today. Love.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.23.22 (our favorites in bold!):
- Ann Taylor – 30% off your purchase (exclusions apply).
- Amour Vert – End of season sale, up to 50% off (great for silk blouses and eco-friendly clothes).
- Banana Republic – Semi-annual Friends & Family event, 40% off your full-price purchase!
- Banana Republic Factory – Semi-annual Friends & Family event, 50% off purchase!
- J.Crew – Extra 30% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything; all jeans $49.95; extra 15% off tops, shirts & shoes
- Loft – 50% off everything and free shipping!
- M.M. LaFleur – Save up to 80%
- Neiman Marcus – Last Call sale, up to 75% off!
- Nordstrom – Summer sale is on! Save up to 60% through 9/12
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Designer sale, up to 70% off!
- Victoria’s Secret – Save 40-70% on 1000s of sale styles
Other Sales of Note: