In one of those “TikTok made me do it” moments, I bought this “hurry or it’ll sell out!” limited edition lip balm from Tarte… and I’m actually glad I did because I really like it, especially as a my-lips-but-better kind of lip balm.
It’s one of those lip balms that’s hard to mess up, but for your first time application you’ll probably need less balm than you think. I actually only put it on about 1/4 of my lips, then smack my lips to spread the product around. It does have a relatively strong coconut scent, which I don’t mind, but it’s worth mentioning.
Compared to some of the other MLBB products we’ve reviewed over the years, this is among my favorites. The color is perfect, it isn’t sticky or drying, and you barely need to look when you swipe it on. (I’d say there’s just a touch more slip than either Clinique’s Black Honey or the Dior Addict lip balm that the readers have loved for years — it’s also a bit shinier than either on the lips.)
I believe the different stores have different colors – you can get it at Sephora and Ulta for $21 (my color, raspberry, came from Ulta, and on me it is literally just a shade or two darker than my lips, definitely not a “deep red berry” as described on the Ulta site.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 8.16.22…
- Dermstore – Anniversary sale, up to 25% off!
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Designer sale, up to 70% off!
- Neiman Marcus – Sale’s on sale, up to 75% off!
- Nordstrom – 7,000 new markdowns for women
- Lo & Sons – Up to 50% off!
- Of Mercer – Warehouse sale: Up to 60% off
- Loft – 60-70% off sale styles; 40% off 2+ full-price styles
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off wear-now styles
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off jewelry, shoes, and more; extra 15% off 3+ styles; 2 for $30 tees
Other Sales of Note: