August 2023 Update: Curious about the next big Nordstrom sale? The 2023 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale just ended, but the next big sale will be their Half-Yearly Sale around Dec. 24. Unfamiliar with the NAS? Check out this page for more info on why it’s the best sale of the year.) Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of all the major workwear sales, or check out our roundup of the latest sales on workwear!
The below content is about the 2015 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
As I may have mentioned, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is on right now, where they mark pieces from next season’s collections down for a limited time; after the sale ends prices go back up to normal until the end of the season. Right now it’s “early access” for card holders (and everyone gets double points, yay); the sale will open to the public on July 17.
I did a roundup of some of my favorite picks for workwear yesterday — here are some of my favorite picks for shoes and bags from the sale.
As noted yesterday, there are a ton of great boots for the weekend (even though it looks like the rag & bone booties sold out!) — a few I’m rounding up (pictures on Instagram) are from Børn, Ivanka Trump, Paul Green (which I always think of as a comfort brand, but these are adorable), and Aquatalia, which again I always think of as a comfort brand, but these have just the right rugged look that we’re seeing everywhere with skinny jeans.
- The Rockstud fascination may be ending, but I still love a good strappy flat, and these affordable, well-reviewed Halogen flats come in a zillion colors. They’re $59.90, available in sizes 4-12, medium and wide.
- These Bianca flats from Coach come in three colors and seem really well priced — they’re $99, but will go back up to $175 after the sale.
- Sam Edelman heels have gotten huge in recent seasons (everyone loves the Okala, which sadly is not part of the sale) — these leopard d’orsay pumps would be great as an unexpected neutral, particularly with bare legs in the fall. (Know your office though, obviously!) They’re $89.90.
- D’orsay flats are huge right now, particularly with the drapey pants that are everywhere. These Charles David shoes come in three colors, and look nice for $109.90.
- It’s a flat-heavy sale this year, what can I say? The black Cole Haan flats below (right next to their high-heeled sister) look fabulous — love the cutouts and the mix of materials. With the sale they come down to $129, but they’ll go back up to $198 on August 3.
- Another Cole Haan pick: these 3″ heels come in teal and black, and there’s another version that’s part of the sale that lacks cutouts and includes colorblocking. All of them look nice to me — they’re $159-$165, but will be $248 after the sale.
- I gave a shoutout to the amazing AGL wedges on CorporetteMoms this morning, but really AGL is best known for their super comfortable flats. These are now marked to $209 (they’ll go back to $330), and come in four colors, sizes 3.5 to 14.
- I’m bummed there isn’t more Stuart Weitzman in the sale, but these simple 3″ burgundy heels come in three colors, in three widths, sizes 4-12. They’re now $270 (will be $398 after the sale).
In terms of handbag notes for the weekend: I’m obsessed with this Halogen clutch for $57, and kind of excited to see the Elizabeth and James backpack sling I’ve been drooling over on sale in multiple colors. If you’re a fan of Longchamp’s classic nylon bags, the Pliage, there are a ton of those in the sale in colors as well as expandable versions. Some more fun picks for bags, pictured below…
- If you’re looking for an affordable tote, this vegan faux python tote is only $35 and looks lovely.
- Lots of this lovely blue from Brahmin in the sale — this wallet looks superb for $57.
- I love the texture to this quilted hobo from Vince Camuto, available in gray and black for $185.
- We’ve featured it here more times than I can count: the Minkoff Mab Tote is in the sale in multiple sizes and neutral colors for $175-$191.
- This MZ Wallace bag is a great size — big but not huge, with their much-loved nylon. It’s $250 now but will be $375 after the sale. Update 7/17: The exact bag pictured has sold out, but note that there are many MZ Wallace bags that are now being offered with a “gift with purchase” — spend $300 on MZ Wallace, and get a free all-purpose cosmetics bag valued at $75.)
- Come to mama… this bright orange hobo from Marc by Marc Jacobs is so much fun (and would go lovely with cobalt, don’t you think?) (yes, I am crazy). It’s $292 now, will be $398 after the sale.
- OOOOH. There are a lot of pieces from Michael Kors’s diffusion line in the sale, but this simple hobo is the real deal — great size. Currently $665, will be $995 after the sale ends. Available in four great neutral colors.
Ladies, any favorites you’ve ordered? I’ve already spent far too much on the sale this year…