Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
I’ve been a big fan of this brand for years, so I was pretty psyched when the folks at The Shirt offered to send me something from their new collection. Before I found this brand a few years ago (thank you, Oprah!), I was sewing extra snaps into my button-down shirts to prevent that weird gapping that always seems to happen at the bust. These blouses have extra buttons sewn into the plackets that stop that from happening at all.
I already owned several of their classic cotton stretch button-downs, but this beautiful python print comes in a silky crepe de chine fabric that drapes beautifully and barely wrinkles. I have a long torso and particularly appreciated the fact that this was plenty long enough to be tucked into a pencil skirt or a pair of trousers.
In terms of sizing, I found it ran true to size and liked that I didn’t need to size up in order for it to button and stay closed.
The shirt is $98 full price at The-Shirt.com but is now on sale for $78, and it comes in sizes XS–XXL. If you like the print, it’s also available in a shirtdress for $102, marked down from $128. (Right now, you can get 20% off sitewide!) The Signature Shirt
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 3-8-21)
- Nordstrom – Winter sale, up to 70% off! Designer clearance continues also, up to 70% off. (Big sales on Natori bras!)
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Loft – 25% off select Lou & Grey
- Ann Taylor – 40% off select full-price tops, pants, and denim
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 40% off 4+ clearance items, extra 30% off 3 clearance items, extra 20% off 2 clearance items; up to 60% off 100s of spring styles
- Lands’ End – 30% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 50% off clearance; up to 70% off everything
- Talbots – 25% off T by Talbots