Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
I’ve been a big fan of this brand for years, so I was pretty psyched when the folks at The Shirt offered to send me something from their new collection. Before I found this brand a few years ago (thank you, Oprah!), I was sewing extra snaps into my button-down shirts to prevent that weird gapping that always seems to happen at the bust. These blouses have extra buttons sewn into the plackets that stop that from happening at all.
I already owned several of their classic cotton stretch button-downs, but this beautiful python print comes in a silky crepe de chine fabric that drapes beautifully and barely wrinkles. I have a long torso and particularly appreciated the fact that this was plenty long enough to be tucked into a pencil skirt or a pair of trousers.
In terms of sizing, I found it ran true to size and liked that I didn’t need to size up in order for it to button and stay closed.
The shirt is $98 full price at The-Shirt.com but is now on sale for $78, and it comes in sizes XS–XXL. If you like the print, it’s also available in a shirtdress for $102, marked down from $128. (Right now, you can get 20% off sitewide!) The Signature Shirt
Noteworthy Workwear Sales Right Now (9/25/20)
- Ann Taylor – Suiting separates starting at $50!
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 20% off your entire purchase of $99+; clearance included. (This reader favorite sweater blazer is $46-$59, and there are new colors!)
- Nordstrom Clearance – Thousands of markdowns
- Talbots – Today only: $50 off every $200 you spend; combines with $30% off your entire purchase.
- Anthropologie – 40% off new tops, cozy jackets and home entertaining!
- MM.LaFleur – Save up to 50% off on sale items!
- Reiss – Seasonal offers, new lines added for up to 50% off
- West Elm – 15% off furniture, 20% off everything else
- Last Call – Major, major sales on designer items direct from Neiman Marcus (but pay attention to whether your purchase is final sale only)
Readers, have you seen any great sales lately?
Check out some of our latest posts!