Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- The Inside Scoop (a blog from Shop It To Me) talks to costume designer Jolie Andreatta for tips on getting the “Suits” look.
- Nothing new here, but Business Insider has a great roundup of all the subtle ways women are treated differently at work.
- Bloomberg Businessweek reports on what led to the sexual harassment and discrimination suit filed by Whitney Wolfe, a former vice president for marketing at Tinder, and touches on sexism in the world of startups.
- Speaking of sexism, New York magazine reports that two women who filed a 2010 gender discrimination lawsuit against Goldman Sachs are seeking class status for the suit, which alleges that Goldman had a “boys’ club atmosphere” that meant lower pay and slower promotions for women, meetings at strip clubs, and sexual harassment.
- FiveThirtyEight references the Tinder lawsuit in its piece on sexual harassment and sexism in the tech field.
- OK, just ONE more on this subject: Aol Jobs features tips on working in a male-dominated field from a woman who used to work at a financial services firm. What do you think of her “France” analogy?
- Kathy Caprino, writing for Forbes, would prefer to never again hear the phrase “having it all.”
- Trying to bike to work but don’t want to cut skirts out of your wardrobe? Lifehacker clues us in to an easy fix using only a penny and a rubber band. (We’ve also talked about makeup for a bike commute).
- PopSugar Smart Living gives you useful eight questions to ask yourself to make it easier to declutter at home.
- … And now for your Laugh of the Week.
This is our final post for Monday, so let’s treat it like an open thread. Tomorrow we’ll return to our regular posting schedule.