Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Black Girl with Long Hair shares five professional hairstyles for natural hair.
- Inc. reports on a new study showing that having a healthy appearance can affect how people view your leadership abilities. Inc. also talks to five women who are founding CEOs (Zipcar, Rent the Runway, etc.) about their work.
- The New York Times talks to some small companies that are trying out potential employees before extending an offer.
- The New York Times reviews how some companies are closely examining pay inequity among their male and female employees (h/t to The Broadsheet).
- The Washington Post takes a look at how employers are increasingly offering elder care benefits.
- Above the Law shares the story of a pregnant woman planning to take the February 2015 bar exam in Illinois. Her due date is during the month before the exam, but the Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar has denied her request for reasonable accommodations to pump during the exam for her newborn.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We talked about what the ideal maternity leave might look like.
- Kat shared some picks for moms and non-moms alike.