Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Already Pretty talks about why so many dresses don’t have sleeves.
- After a hiatus, Hukkster — which we once featured as a Tool of the Trade — is back.
- Two bits of news from Racked: Primark is coming to the U.S., and at the other end of the shopping scale, Chanel will add e-commerce starting next year.
- Above the Law: Redline comments on the case of a lawyer who was of counsel at a New Jersey firm and sought jobless benefits even though she quit — she said she had been yelled at by a partner. The reason? She had disrespected another partner’s maternity leave by asking her to help with a project before the woman was planning to come back to work.
- A Lawyer’s Life features an interview with Lesley Rosenthal, SVP general counsel and secretary for the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, about her career path and current position.
- As the stigma around “job-hopping” seems to be decreasing, Fortune tells job seekers how to defend the decision to work at the same company for many years.
- Focus @ Will says you’re listening to the wrong music at work when you’re trying to concentrate — and it’s offering a free 30-day trial of several music channels it claims are much more effective.
- You can now vote online for one of four finalists in the campaign to get a woman featured on the $20 bill. In related news, the USPS apparently didn’t realize that the quote on the new Maya Angelou stamp … was not actually written by her. Mashable suggests some actual Angelou writings as alternatives (although the stamp isn’t being reissued).
- Apartment Therapy gives some tips to tackle common causes of clutter in your home.
- For your Laugh of the Week, find out what you’re really saying with your office fashion choices… What this man’s fashion choices are definitely saying is that he wasn’t expecting to meet with President Obama.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We talked about packing kids’ lunches as a working mom.
- Kat shared some picks for moms and non-moms alike.