Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- YouLookFab shared some festive separates for holiday parties.
- Fashionista rounded up a selection of winter hats.
- Bad review at work? Ellevate has some advice.
- Forbes warns against some common nonverbal mistakes in job interviews.
- Above the Law brings you a guide to Twitter for lawyers.
- TakePart shares a video from CovertheAthlete.com that addresses the double standard in media coverage of men and women in sports.
- Travelle brings you Thanksgiving travel tips.
- New York magazine’s Science of Us reveals the answer to the question, “Who is more likely to die as a result of doing something really stupid: men or women?”
Psst 2: After seeing a ton of reader requests for outfit inspiration from real working women, I’m going to try to start featuring some on the Corporette Instagram account. If you’ve got a killer work outfit, send it in! If you have your own Instagram and want to be featured with credit, use the hashtag #RealWomenWorking to be considered… if you want to be anonymous (or don’t have an Instagram account), please take a snap and email us (headless shots are OK). (I hope it doesn’t need to be said, but women of all sizes are welcome to submit!)
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We talked about how we think about — and how we’re expected to think about — our post-baby bodies.
- Kat shared some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable office clothes.