Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- NPR reported a 79% drop in clothing sales due to the pandemic.
- Meanwhile, The Cut wondered if Amazon can save luxury fashion — and Esquire looked at how the book publishing industry is trying to cope.
- CNN explained why big brands are making face masks right now.
- SmartBrief suggested five strategies to combat work-from-home burnout.
- The Washington Post revealed why so many of us have been feeling so tired when we have more time to sleep.
- The Washington Post also compared Facebook Rooms, FaceTime, Google Meet, Houseparty, Skype, and Zoom.
- Self had advice on creating things to look forward to when so many events and experiences are not an option.
- Vice noted, “The next couple of years could be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to buy a first home for the lucky people who still have jobs.”
- The Verge shared that a court in Texas is holding the first jury trial by Zoom.
In Other News…
- Elle offered details on Target’s new designer dress collection with Cushnie, LoveShackFancy, and Lisa Marie Fernandez.
- Harvard Business Review wondered why many luxury brands and celebs are “adopting lower-end fashions and items,” as the writer put it.
- Entertainment Weekly listed what’s coming to Netflix in June, including a new Queer Eye season, a new Spike Lee film, Clueless, and Hannibal.
- For your Laugh of the Week, from McSweeney’s: Don’t worry about those velociraptors.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We asked readers how they are sharing work time with their partners while parenting and working from home.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.