Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest or Instagram.
- Refinery29 suggests some interview outfits — for creative industries.
- SheFinds steals some tips from celebrities for how to look great at the airport; Already Pretty rounds up travel-friendly black dresses, and Road Warriorette lists her top five healthy tips for travel.
- POPSUGAR Smart Living takes a look at some recent remarks by Sheryl Sandberg that it should be “badge of honor for men and women to be alone in the room.”
- The Careerist rounds up a lot of recent ladies-in-the-workplace news.
- The Washington Post interviewed Sallie Krawcheck about her personal philosophy and her reflections on “the trappings of corporate life.” Speaking of corporate life, Above the Law highlights some fun examples of “shocking” times lawyers billed the clients. (As someone who was told it might be appropriate to bill a client if you thought about the case in the shower, these don’t seem that shocking to me.)
- Ask a Manager ponders when to use first names in the job hunt (something we’ve also talked about here). Meanwhile, Levo League suggests some ways to reignite your passion for your own job.
- The Atlantic had an interesting article a few months ago about alcohol as an escape from perfectionism — a sobering read for all the Type As who enjoy a glass (or 3) of wine a night.
- I know many readers are fans of The Hunger Games, so I thought I’d include this link to The New York Times taking a look at the fashion of Catching Fire (eee! I’m excited).
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!