This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 3.24.23:
- Ann Taylor – 40% off everything
- Athleta – 20% off shorts, swim, linen & more
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything; extra 15% off purchase
- Boden – Up to 50% off
- Brooks Brothers – Clearance styles to 70% off. Some pretty serious markdowns!
- Express – 40% off dresses & tops
- J.Crew – 25% off your purchase; up to 50% off special-occasion styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 15% off 3 styles; extra 20% off 4 styles; extra 50% off clearance
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty
- Talbots – 25% off select styles; 25% off markdowns
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
And some of our latest threadjacks here at Corporette (reader questions and commentary) — see more here!
- What are your favorite parts of a typical day?
- At what point in your life (age, income level, whatever) were you able to take an annual vacation?
- What shoes can I keep at the office to go for mid-day walks (that go with everything)?
- How do you release stress or trauma that’s stored in the body?
- What are the best “networking for women events” you’ve ever been to?
- I feel like we’re burning through any savings we acquire…
- I hate my job and make 30% of what DH makes – should I quit?
- What do you keep in your office?
Looks cute – Spanx also makes a nice black pencil skirt with an interior control liner.
I bought a Spiegel dress with the same mechanism, and it ended up looking much sexier than I anticipated. What was intended as a work dress ended up being saved for nights out:(
Just my experience…
Love this. Starting to love the higher waists, too.
Buy your regular size, though. If you go too small, it will result in muffin top, and too large won’t work. Also, the fabric is synthetic, for those with issues about that. I like it.
Cute! You can get 20% off your order by using the code “271” at checkout.
What are people’s experiences with Spiegel quality? I’m kind of liking the look of some of the pieces on their site.
Is it just me or do spiegel sizes run 1-2 sizes large compared to places like banana republic or even ann taylor, though to a lesser extent there?
That’s certainly very affordable…
A big thumbs-up to Corporette for giving us one of the most affordable pieces you have posted as long as I can remember. I am a bit tired of the $2750 suit jacket from last week’s suit (occasional, I admit) or even the $600 tote from this Monday. Even someone in a very lucrative career as I am can balk at some of the pricier items you mention (‘splurges’). Even if it’s a ‘basic’ wardrobe piece and will get lots of use, chances are we all have our ‘basics’ already and if they were good quality, need to update them fairly infrequently.
But at the same time, I like the feeling of new clothes – it brightens up a long workweek. So I like my new clothes cheap, and often.
I don’t have particular comments on this skirt, but am glad that you are posting a more affordable piece! Same comment on the old navy cardigan. More often, please.
I agree. I think the more expensive pieces should be in a separate feature for window-shoppers or those who are looking to invest in long-term pieces. I stop by corporette every day and although I enjoy lusting over pricey purses and suits, I much prefer finding a nice cardigan or skirt that I can add to my wardrobe without feeling like I need to consult my financial advisor first. I’m still building my wardrobe so I definitely appreciate help finding investment pieces, but it’s definitely the old navy sweaters that make it possible for me to afford those higher-end pieces.
I have no problem with expensive items on splurge Monday, but I agree that it’s frustrating to see a $3000 suit of the week or $50 t-shirts/basic sweaters on bargain Fridays. I like that Corporette is finally branching out from the typical BR/J Crew/AT choices for Fridays and moving onto true bargain stores like Old Navy and Spiegel. I’ve gotten a lot of great, affordable work clothes from Target, but rarely see it featured as an option.
Ditto. I totally scored at the Old Navy sale, thanks to Corporette!
That’s cute, but I am looking for a chocolate brown skirt. …
Check out Talbots – their website appears to have several pencil-style skirts in a dark brown shade (although they’re calling it “pine cone”).
Big boobs and butts don’t mix with this skirt. BEWARE, curvy ladies…
You can also get free shipping by using the code “S34” at checkout.
That’s a very pretty skirt. I am tempted to buy it. It would look good with many jackets…. great with a short-sleeved turtleneck sweater.