For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I’ve always liked Anne Klein suits — they’re one of my favorite options for budget-friendly interview suits, and this pretty gray one caught my eye at Nordstrom.
The dress looks great on its own, and I like the subdued effect with the jacket.
I’d add a long scarf (black ombré, perhaps) and maybe go for a pop of color with heels, like the hot pink kitten heels we featured last week.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Psst: hunting for more budget-friendly interview suits (or basic suits)? (Great if your clothes are fitting a bit differently after 2020…)
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 2-24-21)
- Nordstrom – Winter sale, up to 70% off! Designer clearance continues also, up to 70% off. (Big sales on Natori bras!)
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Loft – Extra 60% off sale styles (35% off your qualifying full-price purchase for loyalty members; 45% off for cardmembers)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 60% all sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – Up to 60% off 100s of styles; extra 15% off tops & sweaters
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 50% off must-haves + extra 10% off purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off almost everything; extra 50% off clearance
- Eloquii – 60% off tops & skirts; every dress and jumpsuit $29–$59