This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 5.26.23:
- Nordstrom – The Half-Yearly Sale just started!
- Amazon – Memorial Day Sales! Lots of discounts on Amazon Essentials and more.
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles (through 5/29); 40% off your entire purchase (including suiting).
- Anthropologie – Extra 40% off sale.
- Athleta – Up to 60% off, PLUS an extra 30% off!
- Banana Republic – Summer preview, 30% off your purchase!
- Banana Republic Factory – 50%-70% off everything + extra 25% off purchase
- Bloomingdale’s – Memorial Day Sale, save up to 50% off on summer essentials, plus save up to 40% on designer items!
- Boden – 30% off everything, including sale (ends 5/29).
- Brooks Brothers – Extra 25% off sale; already up to 70% off (ends 5/31) – also mix & match sale with men’s shirts, 4 for $249.
- Cole Haan – Up to 50% off sale styles.
- Eloquii – 400+ styles starting at $19; up to 50% off everything.
- Everlane – Up to 30% off, 400+ sale styles.
- Express – Summer kickoff sale, 30-50% off everything (plus $35+ steals).
- H&M – Up to 60% off online and in-store.
- J.Crew – 40% off your purchase; extra 50% off sale styles; up to 50% off summer styles
- J.Crew Factory – 50-70% off entire site and storewide; extra 60% off clearance.
- J.McLaughlin – Up to 40% off!
- Loft – 40% off full-price styles
- M.Gemi – MDW sale, up to 70% off (but returns accepted only for store credit).
- M.M.LaFleur – Short but sweet sale.
- Madewell – Get 30% off your purchase.
- Ministry of Supply – 25% off sitewide.
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty
- Shopbop – Up to 50% off designer sale!
- Sue Sartor – Lots of cute dresses on sale!
- Talbots – 40% off one item, 30% off everything else (through 5/29).
- Theory – Up to 60% off + an extra 20% off.
- Universal Standard – Up to 35% off!
- Victoria’s Secret – this weekend only, buy 3 panties get 5 free ones.
Other noteworthy sales:
- CB2.com – Up to 50% off everything!
- Joss & Main – Up to 60% off, plus an extra 20% off with code.
- Tuft & Needle – Save up to $775 on mattresses. (Reader favorite bed brand; Kat really likes hers!)
- West Elm – Memorialy Day Sale, up to 60% off.
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
And some of our latest threadjacks here at Corporette (reader questions and commentary) — see more here!
- Favorite comfy pants for an overnight plane ride?
- I’ve got a nasty case of tech neck…
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What’s the best commuter backpack?
- I’m early 40s and worry my career arc is ending…
- I canNOT figure out the proportions in this current season of fashion…
- How is everyone wearing scarves in 2023?
- What shoes are people wearing to work between boot and sandal season?
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What are some of your go-to outfits that feel current?
- I need more activities that are social, easy to learn and don’t involve extreme running/jumping/etc.
“I have no idea what the technology behind it is, but I am sold…”
City Girl, I hate to break it to you, but the “technology” is usually formaldehyde resin. Personally, I’d rather iron my shirts than knowingly expose myself to a carcinogen on a daily basis. For that reason, I avoid non-iron shirts like the plague.
I love this shirt, but bananarepublic.com has been out of a lot of sizes/color combos for quite a while. I am not into citrus so I guess I’ll have to wait!
I am rather busty, and I find that BR’s fitted shirts don’t (ahem) accommodate my assets very well. Their classic shirts fit me perfectly though, but alas there is the French cuff problem.
I’ve never tried BR’s no-iron shirts, but I wear the Brooks Brothers ones pretty religiously. They are pricey, but worth it, and they do go on sale and/or are available from outlets. I have a couple of the semi-fitted or fitted ones that have french cuffs, and I NEVER have to iron them. They come out of the dryer looking perfect. Am I just lucky?
Anyone know if these shirts can be put in the dryer without shrinking?
I bought a couple of the classic fit ones — just couldn’t get the sizing right on the fitted ones, I was in between 2 sizes. Don’t really care for the french cuffs, but whatever.
I have been looking for a cotton long-sleeved shirts that don’t required ironing, this is good info, thanks. I always thought Brooks Brothers was the only one who had them!
I love Banana, but I have the same problem as “j” with the fit of these shirts. Gaping buttons at bra level = not so attractive.
Lands End online also has no-iron shirts….and if you don’t like them you can return them for free at any Sears.
Eddie Bauer also has noniron shirts, and some of theirs have a bit of stretch to them. They fit a little bigger than I’d like (the sleeves are really roomy for some reason) but they don’t gap.
To Anon_K, these Banana shirts shrink over time like it’s their job (or at least mine of a year ago did) if you put them in the dryer. In fact, I heard from a menswear place that you’re supposed to put non-iron shirts in the dryer for five minutes, then take them out and hang them up. I am too lazy to do this, so I stick with Land’s End shirts, which I haven’t found to shrink, which leads me to note 2 . . .
I second the Land’s End suggestion. If you basically order a size down in a Tall, you get a fairly fitted shirt with a profile I found similar to my Banana shirt (pre-shrinkage). This might not work for the petite ladies out there, but it’s gotten my 5’9″ frame some perfectly fitted, well-behaved shirts.
banana also has non-iron *tailored* shirts which are roomier in the bust area. i personally don’t need it but i could get them a size down because they have some great colors in that style.
br is great. also try van heusen and geoffrey beene for mens no iron shirts.