This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 3.24.23:
- Ann Taylor – 40% off everything
- Athleta – 20% off shorts, swim, linen & more
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything; extra 15% off purchase
- Boden – Up to 50% off
- Brooks Brothers – Clearance styles to 70% off. Some pretty serious markdowns!
- Express – 40% off dresses & tops
- J.Crew – 25% off your purchase; up to 50% off special-occasion styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 15% off 3 styles; extra 20% off 4 styles; extra 50% off clearance
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty
- Talbots – 25% off select styles; 25% off markdowns
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
And some of our latest threadjacks here at Corporette (reader questions and commentary) — see more here!
- What are your favorite parts of a typical day?
- At what point in your life (age, income level, whatever) were you able to take an annual vacation?
- What shoes can I keep at the office to go for mid-day walks (that go with everything)?
- How do you release stress or trauma that’s stored in the body?
- What are the best “networking for women events” you’ve ever been to?
- I feel like we’re burning through any savings we acquire…
- I hate my job and make 30% of what DH makes – should I quit?
- What do you keep in your office?
I like this a lot, especially the raisin color. Strikes me as Mad Men-esque. I wouldn’t spend $120 on it though, especially considering the Lycra/spandex blend.
In other news, I went to Banana yesterday after reading all of the great reviews about the Jackson fit pants. Sadly, they didn’t work for me. Size 4 was a tad too snug to be acceptable for work, and Size 6 was way too baggy in the back and made me look hip-py. :(
My quest for black pants continues!
Love the sweater, esp. with that skirt.
Loving the whole look. I wish I could make my hair look like that. Anyone have any suggestions for websites/books about how to style one’s hair?
you can achieve this look by:
1. spraying a thickener, or volumizing hairspray on damp hair and blowing it out upside-down (you bent all the way over so your hair is dangling to the floor). When you are done, you can fingercomb it into the chignon or bun.
2. If your hair is dry, spray a volumizer and tease the roots, then fingercomb it into the style.
3. If you have time, put spray volumizer on your hair and put hot rollers on and then fingercomb into style. This way will last the longest.
This is one of those Princess And The Pea moments for me. I could no sooner wear a merino (itchy) cowlneck (floppy) than I could put 2 cups of gravel in my shoes and walk to work.
Same here. No cashmere or merino wool for me — now that I think about it, pretty much no wool unless lined. Too itchy.
Agree; I itch just looking at it. And I don’t have sensitive skin or allergies.
I also love this sweater, and this look. Is that skirt from the same line?
I think it’s this one … I love it too. Darn trying to not buy for myself at Christmas! http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=502051834&view=80&Ntt=plaid+skirt&Ntk=all&search.x=0&N=1000410&Nty=1&search.y=0&searchUrl=/endeca/EndecaStartServlet%3Fview%3D80%26Ntt%3Dplaid%2Bskirt%26Ntk%3Dall%26search.x%3D0%26N%3D1000410%26Nty%3D1%26search.y%3D0&R=03160154
Clearly had I clicked the link, I would have seen the skirt gone. Sorry :-/
In the cowl neck vain, I think this one looks much less itchy, and is also fitted for a sharp look. A lot of the cowl neck sweaters I’ve found are loose and a bit frumpy looking.
Don’t care for this one – left cowl necks behind in high school in the seventies, have not looked back since.
Love this sweater. Thinking about how to accessorize it though. Perhaps a delicate necklace that falls just inside the cowl or maybe a brooch at the shoulder?
There is so much going on around the neck line, I would just go with earrings.
Lynette — I vote for brooch! I think a necklace with a cowl neck is too much going on.