Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
I first heard about Levi’s “Totally Shaping” pull-on skinny jeans in a Frugal Friday post right here on Corporette. That was about a year ago, and now the price at Amazon, which was already very affordable, is even lower. The jeans also now have, whoa, 50,000+ ratings on Amazon! (I mean, they even rated an article in US Magazine.)
I’d never bought pull-on jeans before, and as someone who’s dealt with the waist-gap issue with many styles and brands of jeans before, I wasn’t sure if they’d work. But when I tried them on, I found that they actually fit my waist well, and they’re comfortable and flattering.
Regarding the length, I’m only 5′ and bought the 28″ inseam, crossing my fingers. (I’m so tired of having to get jeans shortened. Sigh.) But I think I can get away without shortening these. I’ll have to roll them up if I wear them with ankle boots, but I’ll probably mostly wear them with flats. Three inseam lengths are available: 28″, 30″, and 32″. (Aside from the inseam, the size chart was a little weird, although I luckily picked the right size; I would recommend buying two and returning one.)
The jeans are only $24.99 at Amazon right now and come in several colors, including wine and a light olive green. I bought “Stormy Sky,” which is a great dark blue shade. They’re also available in plus sizes (for one of those classic Amazon price ranges of $14.84–$49.94).
PSA: This is my second time ordering these jeans — but the only successful one. Somehow, I didn’t check the seller’s rating the first time I ordered, so I didn’t know it was, uh, one star. Not surprisingly, that pair never arrived. (I got a refund from Amazon.) The second time, about a week ago, I didn’t have any problems — the jeans arrived quickly via Prime. So just make sure you’re buying from a reputable seller (always a good idea, obviously).
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 1.21.21…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 60%
- Zappos – 34,000 sale items (for women!)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% everything; extra 50% off clearance;
- Ann Taylor – 30% off full-price styles; sale items up to 75% off original prices
- Bergdorf Goodman – Up to 70% off!
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off newly added styles! (We stand by our post on what to buy at Brooks Brothers!)
- Talbots – Red Hanger Sale: all markdowns 60% off 2 or more; 50% off 1 (reader favorites include this cashmere sweater and this cardigan)
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 60% off tees, sweaters, and jeans
- Net-a-Porter – Up to 80% off!
- Universal Standard – Season Finale sale, 50-85% off 300+ styles
- Lands’ End – 50% off your order (big savings on outerwear for the family!)
- Eloquii – 40% off your purchase