Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest or Instagram.
- Lisa at Privilege sings the praises of a Gap ponte blazer, even though it doesn’t work for her.
- SheFinds tells you how to get your wardrobe through the last push of winter.
- Angie at YouLookFab has been doing a nice “update” of her guides to dressing different body shapes — so far she’s done pear, inverted triangle, and apple. (You may also want to check out our older discussion on which brands work best for different body types.)
- For those of you who are fans of “sensible” shoes and planning a vacation, Une Femme d’un Certain Âge rounded up great travel shoes. (I could also see many of these being great for commuting shoes.)
- The Careerist defends Barbie (who, she notes, has worked “every second of every day since she was invented in 1959”). (Full disclosure: I had a huge Barbie collection as a kid, and for a brief period in my early 20s even tried “collecting” the fancier dolls just for kicks.)
- For the lawyers: The Washington Post ponders how BigLaw is failing women; meanwhile, Above the Law lists 25 things for young lawyers to know in order to avoid screwing up their legal careers.
- RoadWarriorette ponders essential tech gadgets for business travel.
- Kiplinger (via Popsugar Smart Living) clues you in to the 19 most over-looked tax deductions.
Reminder – Corporette is hiring! We’re seeking an editor with 2-5 years experience.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!