Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest or Instagram.
- AdWeek tips us off to this fun ad (from Pantene) that explores the differences in the way men and women are perceived at work. (And yes, everyone has great hair.)
- SheFinds lists all the celebrities wearing NYDJ — who knew?
- Above the Law talks about holiday gifts at the office (and very nicely quotes me!).
- The New York Times is killing it with good stories lately, and since I missed the news roundup last week I’m not even going to try to choose: read about how burnout is different than regular work stress; ponder whether having a stay-at-home husband is essential for a high flying career on Wall Street, and one writer concludes that we should all learn to like filth (or lower our housekeeping standards) in the name of equality between the sexes. On the housekeeping article: New York Magazine’s Jessica Grose has an interesting response, while Yahoo Shine (via Popsugar Smart Living) has a guide to faking a clean home in 45 minutes or less. We’ve also discussed how to hire a housekeeper and keep a clean house yourself on Corporette. Meanwhile, re: the househusbands article, The Careerist looks at it from the law firm perspective.
- Just in case you’re curious: this thread on Quora answers the question “what is Sheryl Sandberg like as a person?” May we all get such rave reviews from coworkers and underlings!
- If any secret office romance develops at a holiday party, Business Insider has some tips on how to keep it secret. (We’ve also discussed dating at the office.)
- Hunching in front of your computer all day? Lifehacker tells you how to fix your aching back.
- Finally, in more Kat news: Levo League interviewed me about my “workplace essentials.”
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!