Have you found any good ways to use office supplies for other uses? It’s like reader J is reading my mind…
How about a story on re-purposing office supplies for fashion/lifestyle uses when you’re in a pinch? For example, using binder clips while commuting to fold up pants that were hemmed for high heels, using scotch tape instead of a band-aid to prevent blisters when shoes start to rub, notebook paper as blotting papers, etc.
Somehow this came up at a recent bridal shower I attended, and my friends and I had a great time trying to think of other uses for office supplies. Thanks to my friends N and G for helping me brainstorm! (Pictured: Coloured Paperclips, originally uploaded to Flickr by Dysanovic.) Here are our MacGyver-ish suggestions…
- Use a Fed Ex mailing label as a lint brush. Just peel off the backing, and start sticking it on your clothes.
- Use White Out to touch up your French manicure, if needed.
- Use a black Sharpie to hide shoe scuffs, or even small tears in leather — it’ll work until you get to the cobbler to get the problem fixed.
- In a pinch, use binder clips to hem your pants. It won’t be pretty, but it’s better than nothing on a rainy day.
- Use a pen or pencil to put your hair in a bun — it’s kinder to your hair than a rubberband. (We like avadakedavra16‘s video tutorial of how to do it — if you’ve found anything better, please let us know!)
- Use packing tape if your shirt is gaping and you don’t have Hollywood tape — just fold it double.
- Use a piece of folded-up paper if you have something stuck between your teeth and no floss — for some reason Post-It notes work really well.
- Use a paperclip to make your bra a racerback — handy in a pinch if you’re going from desk to dinner and your going-out outfit needs a racerback bra.
- As reader J suggests, use notepaper if you don’t have any blotting papers.
- As reader J suggests, use Scotch tape in place of a Band-aid if your shoes are starting to create blisters.
Bonus tip for men: Use paper clips in place of collar stays.
Readers,what are your favorite “in a pinch” uses for office supplies?