The Gen Z-ers have spoken, and they have declared that skinny jeans, side parts, and the laugh-cry emoji are officially uncool. Personally, they can have my skinny jeans when they pry them from my cold, dead thighs, but it got me thinking about other trends that disappeared before I was ready.
As a somewhat curvy lady, I always found flared trousers to be the most flattering pants for work, so I was delighted to come across this classic-looking pair from Theory. They’re 96% wool with just a hint of stretch and have a mid-rise that doesn’t feel quite as dangerous as the very low flared jeans of my youth.
The pants, which are from Theory’s Good Wool collection, are $295 and come in sizes 00–18. The pictured camel colored version is marked down to $177 at Theory, but the other five colors are full price. Nordstrom has the black and sea blue for $295.
These BlankNYC pants are $68 at Nordstrom and available in sizes 24–29″; these pants from Banana Republic are on sale for $57.99 and come in black and olive green in regular and petite sizes in regular and long lengths. These bootcut pants from Lark & Ro are available in sizes 18–26 in four colors.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Some of Our Favorite Sales Right Now… (as of 5/6/21)
- Nordstrom – 4,000 new markdowns!
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off!
- Banana Republic Factory – 40-70% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 50% off all clearance
- J.Crew – Up to 40% off select summer styles; extra 50% off select sale styles
- Ann Taylor – 40% off full-price styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – 50% off your purchase; online only, exclusions apply