I was intrigued a few years ago when I saw that M.M.LaFleur was selling “sheer opaque tights” for, essentially, people who want the look of pantyhose but the durability of tights. Interestingly, the options have only multiplied since, so I thought it might be an interesting Coffee Break discussion. Particularly this winter, when you’re just dressing for yourself and probably doing so in a more casual way, are tights playing a bigger role? Are you intrigued by the idea of nude-for-you tights or even nude fishnets?
Truthfully, the product that caught my eye was these fishnets, from a company called Nude Barre. I have personally avoided fishnets for years (especially since readers strongly opined that fishnets are not acceptable for conservative offices), but fishnets do have a lot to recommend them if you’re in a more casual space.
They’re often more durable, harder to rip, and easier to pull on, and they add just a slight color to your regular legs. From far away, they probably do look a bit like hose, but up close they just look textured and a little bit cool. In fall and spring, for those weird days when neither bare legs nor tights are acceptable, fishnets fill the gap. They also can be a great option if you’re wondering what color tights to wear with a navy skirt.
In any event, I’m intrigued to see multiple colors of beige fishnets — pictured are caramel, tapioca cream, and ivory cream; they’re available in sizes XS-XXL for $33 at Shopbop.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (but see our big Black Friday sale roundup!):
- Nordstrom – Markdowns up to 74% off (see all of the reader favorites in the sale here!)
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 75% off; $50 off $200
- Ann Taylor Factory – 50-75% off your purchase; extra 15% off your purchase (ends 5 p.m. 11/26)
- Banana Republic Factory – 60% off (ends 11/28 at 11:59 PT)
- J.Crew – 50% off your purchase; extra 60% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – 60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance (ends 11/25 at 11:59 p.m. ET)
- Lo & Sons – Up to 60% off and 6-month returns
Reader Favorites on Sale:
- This comfy notch blazer is down to $58.80 in some colors and sizes…
- These washable, lightweight stretchy trousers from Nic & Zoe are $67-$109 depending on size and color
- So many cute Zella things on sale (the fleece!)
- Tumi on sale, up to 40% off!