I was intrigued a few years ago when I saw that M.M.LaFleur was selling “sheer opaque tights” for, essentially, people who want the look of pantyhose but the durability of tights. Interestingly, the options have only multiplied since, so I thought it might be an interesting Coffee Break discussion. Particularly this winter, when you’re just dressing for yourself and probably doing so in a more casual way, are tights playing a bigger role? Are you intrigued by the idea of nude-for-you tights or even nude fishnets?
Truthfully, the product that caught my eye was these fishnets, from a company called Nude Barre. I have personally avoided fishnets for years (especially since readers strongly opined that fishnets are not acceptable for conservative offices), but fishnets do have a lot to recommend them if you’re in a more casual space.
They’re often more durable, harder to rip, and easier to pull on, and they add just a slight color to your regular legs. From far away, they probably do look a bit like hose, but up close they just look textured and a little bit cool. In fall and spring, for those weird days when neither bare legs nor tights are acceptable, fishnets fill the gap. They also can be a great option if you’re wondering what color tights to wear with a navy skirt.
In any event, I’m intrigued to see multiple colors of beige fishnets — pictured are caramel, tapioca cream, and ivory cream; they’re available in sizes XS-XXL for $33 at Shopbop.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 2-26-21)
- Nordstrom – Winter sale, up to 70% off! Designer clearance continues also, up to 70% off. (Big sales on Natori bras!)
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Loft – 48% off for 48 hours (ends tonight)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 40-60% all sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – Up to 60% off 100s of styles; extra 25% off your purchase
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 50% off must-haves + extra 60% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off almost everything; extra 20% off purchase
- Eloquii – 60% off tops & skirts; every dress and jumpsuit $29–$59