For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
For my professional Zoom presence, I really leaned into tweed jackets over the winter. Although the general advice is to wear solids on camera, I felt the colors in my tweed jackets blended together beautifully and added interest to my on-camera look.
Now that it’s definitely spring, I’d love to sample some of the lighter spring tweeds out there. Albert Nipon’s Metallic Tweed Suit piqued my interest. It’s a modern, fun take on the traditional tweed suit — the notched collar and two-button front lean traditional while the shimmery, yet subtle, ivory fabric keeps things fresh.
Although the jacket and matching skirt look great together, I would also wear the jacket with a pair of jeans for a sophisticated casual Friday look.
The suit is available at Neiman Marcus for $275 and comes in sizes 4–18.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales as of 08.2.21…
- Nordstrom – The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now open to everyone! Check out some of our picks here.
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer markdowns up to 75% off
- Lo & Sons – Summer sale, save up to 50%!
- M.M.LaFleur – New sale styles added — save up to 80%
- Banana Republic – 40% off your purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 15% off purchase; 40-70% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off “comfy clothes”; extra 50% off clearance
- Loft – 40% off full-price styles; 70% 3+ sale styles; 60% off 1 or 2 sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – All sale items $24.88 or less! (final sale)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 40% off all sale styles; 50% off select full-price dresses & shoes
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off