For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I am not sure we’ve ever featured a suit from Misook, you guys! I tend to think of Misook as “grandmother of the bride” type clothing as far as their suits go — there are a lot of knits that don’t quite look structured enough for work but are pretty buttoned up for anywhere else. And, of course, the brand has had a ton of washable, travel-friendly basics for years for pants and dresses, with a dense knit crepe very much like the Eileen Fisher pants everyone loves.
So I kind of did a double take when I saw this “exaggerated herringbone” at Neiman Marcus — it looks more like Smythe than Misook. I’m really liking the direction they’re going in. (A few other new pieces that are kind of cool, all at Neiman Marcus: this black and gray dress, this drop-waist pleated midi skirt, and this red faux wrap dress.)
The whole suit is a knit, so I’d consider the blazer almost closer to a sweater blazer in feel and for styling purposes. I like the way they’ve styled it here (hard to go wrong with a pretty white blouse) but I could see it being great with another neutral like tan. Jewel tones can be a bit tricky with a black-and-white pattern, but I’d also play with saturated hues like purple, cobalt, and lipstick red. The jacket is $398, available in sizes XS–XL; the skirt is $188.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 1.20.21…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 60%
- Zappos – 34,000 sale items (for women!)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- Saks OFF 5TH – Up to 70% off! Lots of good options in shoes.
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% everything; extra 50% off clearance;
- Ann Taylor – 50% off select full-price styles; extra 50% off all sale styles
- Bergdorf Goodman – Up to 70% off!
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off newly added styles! (We stand by our post on what to buy at Brooks Brothers!)
- Talbots – Red Hanger Sale: 60% off original prices; all cashmere sweaters 50% off (reader favorites include this cashmere sweater and this cardigan)
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 50% off clearance
- Net-a-Porter – Up to 80% off!
- Universal Standard – Season Finale sale, 50-85% off 300+ styles (and 20% off on new loungewear).
- Lands’ End – 50% off your order (big savings on outerwear for the family!)
- Eloquii – 50% off 1 item; 40% off everything else