Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
As we all start to put away our Birks and flip flops from our very casual summer, let’s revisit an old casual favorite for fall: Converse.
I keep seeing images of Kamala Harris in her Chucks and smiling; she apparently has a large collection. It’s a great bit of personality for the campaign trail. While I worried at one point that I was “too old” for them, it’s been interesting to see how everyone is like “YEP GEN X,” which makes me feel right at home wearing them. (Apparently because she was born in 1964 there was a debate whether she was more of a Boomer or GenX person.) Years ago I switched from stark black to dark gray Chucks instead… but maybe it’s time to go back to good old black Chucks.
If you haven’t bought a pair in a while, now is a great time to revisit them — they alleged improved the comfort back in 2015. These knit slip-on versions also look really nice, and note that there’s also an All Star 70s Ox version that has allegedly more cushioning and better materials (but requires a slight breaking in period). The pictured classics, All Star Core Ox, have a 5-star rating at Zappos with 5,600 reviews (!).
You can also get them at Nordstrom. Amazon/ShopBop have an incredibly extensive collection of what looks like special edition Chucks “for him,” — but they’ve always been a unisex style (women’s size 8 = men’s 10, approximately) so if you see one you like I’d get it.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 1-21-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 70% off
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 75% off: major sales, including on suits and cashmere!
- The Fold – Lots of items on sale!
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 60% off clearance
- Ann Taylor – Tops starting at $15, pants and skirts starting at $20, dresses starting at $25
- Loft – Up to 80% off sale styles; up to 50% off select full-price styles
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off must-haves; extra 60% off sale styles
Psst: We’ve actually had a conversation about what your weekend sneakers say about you if you want to check it out!