Liking these posts? Follow Corporette on Twitter — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale.)
– Forbes advises what to look for in good cashmere. We agree wholeheartedly with their tip to not buy online — there’s a huge difference in quality. We’ve had some very itchy cashmere sweaters (Ann Taylor, we’re looking at you) versus some incredibly soft cashmere. The best brand we’ve ever owned for a cashmere sweater is Autumn Cashmere.
– JibberJobber has some advice for women — on how to dress for FAILURE. Our favorite tip? Wear six-inch heels. [JibberJobber]
– TIME magazine talks about the sacrifices Michelle Obama made, including leaving her corporate law firm job. [TIME]
– On the other side of the spectrum, Sarah Palin’s sartorial choices are causing a buying frenzy of Naughty Monkey shoes and square rimless glasses. [WSJ]
– Hooray for gender equality, right? Interesting side effect: the personality differences between women and men are becoming more pronounced. [Jezebel]
– The Motley Fool has some retirement-planning advice for women. [The Motley Fool]
– Yale Law Women name their Top 10 Family-Friendly firms. [The AmLaw Daily]