We have a super old post about the best suits for petite women, but we haven’t talked about this in ages, so let’s discuss: which are your favorite stores and brands for workwear for petites? Are there any indie brands or Etsy shops that you love?
For my $.02, it seems like the list of stores that offer petite sizes is growing, which is a great sign; I feel like bespoke dressmakers and suiting alterations are both more common than before as well. Here’s the list of stores that I know of that offer petite clothing:
- Jeetly – A UK site specifically geared to the petite professional woman
- Amazon – They have a whole department geared for petites, and you can sort by percentage off (it works best if you pick a department and sort — e.g., petite dresses marked 70% off)
- 6PM – You can sort by percentage off — for example, the blazer pictured above (Anne Klein Petite One Button Blazer) is 54% off — was $169, now marked to $77.
- Ann Taylor – currently offering 50% off all sale styles, FYI
- Banana Republic – currently offering 35% off BR and Gap, and 30% off Old Navy (all places offer petites)
- Brooks Brothers
- Jones New York
- White House | Black Market
- Target (lots of cute affordable dresses and blazers, actually)
- Limited (“short” lengths for pants)
- Victoria’s Secret (they offer most pants in a 30″ inseam)
- Dorothy Perkins (for women 5’3″ and under, sizes 0-14)
Other resources: Finally, I’ve mentioned both blogs on here before, but I should of course mention that there’s a big blogging community for petite ladies — Extra Petite and Alterations Needed are two of my favorites for the working woman.