2019 Update: We still love this roundup of beige pumps, but you may want to check out our 2019 roundup of stylish skin-tone pumps for work — as well as our general guide to wardrobe essentials for work!
Sure, we all know what basics professional women are supposed to have in their closets, but if you’re buying one for the first time or replacing one you’ve worn into the ground, it can be a pain to find exactly the right incarnation in stores. In “The Hunt,” we search the stores for a basic item that every woman should have.
One of my must-have pieces to keep at the office is always a good beige pump. It’s an easy neutral for all skin tones, as noted by commenters in our roundup last year, and most people find it to be a real workhorse. We’ve been doing the beige pump roundup for so long that the Hall of Fame listing (the shoes that have been around for forever) is impressively long — we’ve also rounded up a few shoes we like in wide, narrow, and other categories. Pictured below: some of the more noteworthy beige pumps we found this year. Ladies, have you recently bought any beige pumps that you love?
- Hall of Famers (specific styles that have stood the test of time): MK Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, AK Anne Klein, Mark Fisher LTD, Sam Edelman, 1.State, Everlane, Manolo Blahnik, CC Corso Como, Ferragamo, Jimmy Choo
- Brands Specializing in Varied Skin Tones: Target (A New Day), Naturalizer, Louboutin, Rebecca Allen, Nubian Skin, House No. 3028
- Under $100: Calvin Klein, MK Michael Kors, Rockport Total Motion, AK Anne Klein, CC Corso Como, Vince Camuto
- Low Heels: Calvin Klein (1.5″), Ferragamo (1.5″), Vionic (2″), Anne Klein (2.25″), Rockport Total Motion (2″), Everlane (2″) (see our full roundup of low nude pumps for work over at CorporetteMoms!)
- Extended widths (AA, C, W): Target (M/W), Vionic (MW), Rockport (NMW), Ferragamo (2A, B, C), Trotters (M,W, WW)
- Extended sizes (4-13): Target (5-12), Calvin Klein (4-13), Ferragamo (4-11),
- Comfort: MK Michael Kors, Rockport Total Motion, Ferragamo, AK Anne Klein, Vionic, Trotters (don’t forget to check out our entire guide to comfortable heels!)
|I’m not normally a bow girl, but man these shoes are gorgeous. Gorgeous AND on sale. For $54.99 (originally $135), the pump is hard to beat. It comes in black suede and a dark green suede as well. Ivanka Trump Walker Another good option in this price range: the Cole Haan Air Juliana Pump 45, in a variety of beige colors,|
|Readers always sing the praises of this Flex pump, and Nordstrom has it on sale for $79.90. It’s available in beige and black, sizes 4-12, in regular, wide, and narrow sizes. A pointy-toed version is also available. MICHAEL Michael Kors Flex Pump|
|Mules are coming back in, and I’m happy about it — they can be a sleek, comfortable look for the office, and can be so much easier to throw on versus slingbacks or even regular pumps. These Jessica Simpson ones look great — I love the texture to the “dusty rose,” as well as the fact that they comes in numerous other colors (both at Nordstrom and Zappos) for $89. Jessica Simpson Chandra Mule|
|For the expert heel-wearers among you, I present these 4.5″ heels from Vince Camuto. (I’m really impressed that heels that high have so many glowing reviews!) Love that texture to the beige leather, as well as that strap across the foot. Note that they come in black, red, and blue suede as well. They’re $128.95 at Nordstrom. Vince Camuto ‘Carlotte’ Pointy Toe Pump|
|These beige pumps look so mod to me — it makes me want to pair them with a bright shift dress right.this.instant. They’re $147.95 (available in black and beige). Nina Originals ‘Play’ Pump|
|Ooooh: these are on an even deeper discount than when I first noticed them. They’re Calvin Klein Collection heels, meaning the original price was $595-$695 — I love that cap-toe effect as well as the teeny tiny bit of color where the heel meets the leg. I’ve pictured the “nude,” but they also come in a lighter beige eel (!) and a bright red. Lucky sizes only, ladies, but the price is good: the shoe is down to $150. Calvin Klein Collection Zirka|
Like this feature? Check out other recent installments!