Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
As we’re coming into the fall, we’re entering law firm headshot season, so it’s time for my annual PSA about the importance of wearing color to liven things up.
A big mistake that lots of new grads make is to go for neutrals in their first headshot, thinking that white shirt + black blazer = professional. Of course there’s nothing inherently unprofessional about a white top/black blazer combo, but gosh, it’s boring, and it’s probably not doing your complexion any favors.
These days, my go-to for a professional photo is always going to be a sheath dress in a flattering color with a perfectly-fitting blazer on top. It looks super professional, and in the right hue, it’s going to be just as flattering as getting professional makeup done.
For my coloring, this deep coral makes me look bright-eyed and well-rested, despite all evidence to the contrary. I would pair this with a black blazer and some simple gold jewelry for a perfect headshot.
The dress is $139 at Ann Taylor and comes in sizes 00–18.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales as of 07.29.21…
- Nordstrom – The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now open to everyone! Check out some of our picks here.
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer markdowns up to 75% off
- Lo & Sons – Summer sale, save up to 50%!
- M.M.LaFleur – New sale styles added — save up to 80%
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off summer favorites; extra 50% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 15% off purchase; 40-70% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 15% off 3+ accessories; extra 50% off clearance; up to 50% off dresses
- Loft – Dresses starting at $40; extra 60% off sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – Everything is $24.88 and under! (final sale)
- Ann Taylor – 30-40% off full-price tops
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70%