Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Nordstrom’s Halogen brand is one my favorites for inexpensive, classic-looking work basics. This deep blue, cap-sleeve blouse isn’t necessarily the most exciting of purchases, but I can think of five different outfits I could build with it, just using what’s in my closet right now.
The slightly boxy fit means that you’ve got plenty of room to tuck it into a pencil skirt or trousers, but you could also leave it untucked with skinny pants and a blazer for a more casual look.
The top is $49 at Nordstrom and comes in sizes XXS–XXL. It also comes in two other solid colors (light blue and light pink) and four prints. Sizes 1X–3X are available in the pictured color as well as black, white, and eight prints.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales as of 07.29.21…
- Nordstrom – The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now open to everyone! Check out some of our picks here.
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer markdowns up to 75% off
- Lo & Sons – Summer sale, save up to 50%!
- M.M.LaFleur – New sale styles added — save up to 80%
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off summer favorites; extra 50% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 15% off purchase; 40-70% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 15% off 3+ accessories; extra 50% off clearance; up to 50% off dresses
- Loft – Dresses starting at $40; extra 60% off sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – Everything is $24.88 and under! (final sale)
- Ann Taylor – 30-40% off full-price tops
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70%