Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
In speaking with friends whose workplaces are in various stages of reopening, it seems that everyone is a little confused about how they should be dressing, but (at least in my circles) the consensus is that everything is a bit more casual than it was 14 months ago.
In summer 2019, I probably would have worn a pleated midi skirt in my business casual office on a Friday without any outward-facing meetings. For summer 2021, I’ll feel just fine pairing one with a blouse and a blazer for any day in the office.
I think the trick to wearing a more voluminous bottom (whether it’s a flowy skirt or wide-leg pants) is to keep the top very tailored and form-fitting. For this, I would do a white blouse and a cropped blazer or moto jacket.
The skirt is $79 at Athleta and comes in sizes XXS–XL. In addition to black, it also comes in Canyon Red.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales as of 6.18.21…
- Nordstrom – 3,800 new markdowns, including some great deals on beauty!
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer sale, save up to 50% off!
- Nordstrom Rack – Save up to 70% on summer dresses!
- Banana Republic – 40% off purchase & extra 10% off
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 70% off everything
- Loft – 50% off your purchase
- Ann Taylor – 30% off full-price tops & sweaters
- Ann Taylor Factory – 70% off sunshine-ready styles; up to 60% off latest styles plus extra 15% off your $100+ purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off!