Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
This mock-neck knit top from Halogen looks like a great basic for creating all kinds of outfits this summer. For work, I would wear this tucked into a swingy skirt or a pair of paper-bag-waist pants. For a weekend look, I would wear this with a pair of high-waisted jeans if I were trying to lean into the ʼ90s look, or (more likely) untucked with a pair of bright ankle pants.
Do note that some of the reviews suggest that the fit is a bit snug, so you may want to size up.
The top is $29.40, marked down from $49, at Nordstrom and comes in sizes XXS–XXL.
An option in sizes 1X–4X is from Eileen Fisher (in white); it’s $56.75, marked down from $78, at Zappos.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales as of 07.29.21…
- Nordstrom – The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now open to everyone! Check out some of our picks here.
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer markdowns up to 75% off
- Lo & Sons – Summer sale, save up to 50%!
- M.M.LaFleur – New sale styles added — save up to 80%
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off summer favorites; extra 50% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 15% off purchase; 40-70% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 15% off 3+ accessories; extra 50% off clearance; up to 50% off dresses
- Loft – Dresses starting at $40; extra 60% off sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – Everything is $24.88 and under! (final sale)
- Ann Taylor – 30-40% off full-price tops
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70%