Sure, we all know what basics professional women are supposed to have in their closets, but if you’re buying one for the first time or replacing one you’ve worn into the ground, it can be a pain to find exactly the right incarnation in stores. In “The Hunt,” we search the stores for a basic item that every woman should have.
Beige pumps and other “nude” heels are starting to hit the stores, so I thought we’d do a hunt for nude-for-you heels today. The theory is thus: the closer to your exact skin tone you can get with any shoe, the more elongating and flattering a look it can be with sheer hose or bare legs. (Here’s our last guide on when and how to wear pantyhose if you need a refresher!) Ladies, do you have any favorite beige/tan/pink/caramel/brown pumps that you love because they match your skin tone and are YOUR nude heels? What style of nude-for-you heel are you on the hunt for most this year — block heel, a strappy heel, a wedge, a classic pump, or something else? (Looking for nude flats? Check out our last roundup here.)
- Hall of Famers: Corso Como, Sam Edelman, Michael Michael Kors (beige, light pink, dark khaki), Comfort Plus by Predictions, Stuart Weitzman (beige, 1.25″), Salvatore Ferragamo (beige, 2.75″), Salvatore Ferragamo (beige, 1.25″), Rockport, L.K. Bennett, AK Anne Klein (beige & pink), Nine West, Calvin Klein
- Under $100: AK Anne Klein (beige & pink), Michael Michael Kors (beige, light pink, dark khaki), Alfani (3 shades), Dirty Laundry (“new nude”), LifeStride (3-4 shades), Sole Society (“light camel”), Naturalizer
- Darker browns: Ecco (“amber”), Rockport (“nude AM lux”), Trotters (two brown shades), Linea Paolo, Naturalizer
- Darker than light beige but not brown: Michael Michael Kors (“dark khaki”), Michael Michael Kors (kitten heel, “cement patent”), Corso Como (“taupe suede”), Alfani (“cinnamon”), Rockport (“warm taupe”), Nine West (“dark natural suede” and “medium natural leather”), Manolo Blahnik (“tan” and “beige”), Naturalizer (LOTS of options)
- Super light pink: AK Anne Klein, Michael Michael Kors, Alfani (“dusty rose suede”), Rockport (“rose cloud”), LK Bennett (“trench”), Prada, Sam Edelman, Sole Society, Clarks
- Extended widths: (come in sizes like C, W, etc): Salvatore Ferragamo (B&C), Alfani (W), Dirty Laundry (W), LifeStride (N W), Rockport (W), Nine West (W), Ferragamo (low, B&C)
- Extended sizes (4-13): Salvatore Ferragamo (4.5-12), Nine West (5-13), Ferragamo (low, 4-12)
- Comfort: UKIES, Ecco, Cole Haan, Stuart Weitzman, Trotters, Naturalizer (don’t forget to check out our entire guide to comfortable heels)
Some of our Hall of Famers, pictured below (all in beige just for consistency):
|These wedges are a bit on the casual side, but they’ve been around for a while now, and they’re only $49 — so if you’re on a budget and looking for a good bet, these might just be the ticket. They’re available in beige, black, navy, and gray at Zappos. Dirty Laundry DL Marching Wedge|
|These cute kitten heels are so much more affordable than the best-selling kitten heels from Stuart Weitzman — and I love that they come in several width options. This dark brown “python” is gorgeous, but they also come in a lighter beige. They’re $79-$99 at Nordstrom. Trotters Paulina|
|I love a good strappy pump, and this one from Sam Edelman looks great and is getting good reviews at Nordstrom. It’s available in several colors, including “oatmeal” (pictured) and a light pink “primrose.” Sam Edelman ‘Thea’ Strappy Pump|
|Huzzah for a brand that calls the darker shade “nude”! These are Rockport Motion heels, which are also high on the comfort factor and have been around for a long time. Rockport Total Motion 75mm Pointy Toe Pump|
|These modern heels are best-sellers over at Bloomingdale’s, and it’s easy to see why — they’re only $160 but have a very sharp, sophisticated look to them. Bloomie’s has them in “tan” suede (pictured), while Nordstrom has them in a “lite latte leather.” (Here are some similar styles from Kate Spade and Stuart Weitzman.) Pictured: Marc Fisher LTD Zala Suede Pointed Toe Pumps|
|I love a good sale, so I have to mention these, even though they’re very similar to the Marc Fisher heels above — 40% on Stuart Weitzman is rare to see. I also like that they have three different shades of possible nude-for-you shades, including these slightly darker Praline suede heels. They were $375, but are now marked to $225. Stuart Weitzman Marymid Pumps|
Like this feature? Check out other recent installments!
Social media image credit: Deposit photos / ArturVerkhovetskiy.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!