Sure, we all know what wardrobe essentials for work professional women are supposed to have in their closets, but if you’re buying one for the first time or replacing one you’ve worn into the ground, it can be a pain to find exactly the right incarnation in stores. In “The Hunt,” we search the stores for a basic item that every woman should have.
Tis the season, ladies — to do a nude-for-you pump roundup! As we’ve noted before, a shoe that is a close match for your natural leg tone is a great way to elongate your leg and make it look like it goes for miles — of course you can always just wear a beige, tan, or brown shoe as a neutral as well (regardless of whether it matches your skin tone). We’ve rounded up something for everyone, hopefully — affordable nude-for-you pumps, dark brown pumps, light beige pumps, medium brown pumps, and some super light pink pumps for the pasty-legged among us (including me!). Readers, are you in the market for a new nude-for-you pump? Which ones did you wear into the ground last year?
Psst: looking for nude flats? Check this roundup.
- Hall of Famers (specific styles that have stood the test of time): Corso Como, Sam Edelman (multiple shades), Michael Michael Kors (multiple shades), Comfort Plus by Predictions, Salvatore Ferragamo, Rockport, AK Anne Klein, Marc Fisher LTD, Calvin Klein (multiple shades), Manolo Blahnik, Trotters (multiple shades)
- Under $100: AK Anne Klein (beige), Michael Michael Kors, Alfani (multiple shades), Dirty Laundry (multiple shades), LifeStride, Naturalizer (multiple shades), 1.State, Steve Madden,
- Darker browns: Naturalizer, Trotters, Nine West, Walking Cradles, AGL,
- Darker than light beige but not brown: Naturalizer (LOTS of options), Nine West (“natural leather”), Calvin Klein (“caramel”), Alfani (“cognac”), Dirty Laundry (“cognac”), Tahari (“taupe grey”), Everlane (“cognac”), Ann Taylor (“brown toffee“), Jimmy Choo (“cacao brown suede”), Hispanitas (“nougat”),
- Super light pink: AK Anne Klein, Michael Michael Kors, Stuart Weitzman, Tory Burch, Franco Sarto, Ann Taylor
- Extended widths: (come in sizes like C, W, etc): Salvatore Ferragamo (B&C), Alfani (W), Dirty Laundry (W), LifeStride (N W), Rockport (W), Calvin Klein (W),
- Extended sizes (4-13): Salvatore Ferragamo (4.5-12),
- Comfort: Trotters, Naturalizer, Cole Haan, Taryn Rose, Salvatore Ferragamo (4.5-12), Linea Paolo, (don’t forget to check out our entire guide to comfortable heels)
For our featured nude-for-you pumps this year, read on after the jump…
|Naturalizer deserves a shoutout for their Nude Collection — they offer a huge range of “nude for you” shades for flats, heels, sandals, and more. The pictured pump has been around forever, and the teensy platform makes the heel that much more walkable and comfortable; it’s $80. Naturalizer Michelle|
|I’m surprised to see that the Nine West mainstay pump (Margot) seems to be on the way out — but these affordable block heel pumps from the same brand are winning rave reviews and look polished and modern. They’re $89 at Nordstrom, Zappos, and Amazon (where some colors are as low as $45!). Astoria Pump|
|These Sam Edelman pumps are high (3.5″) but look great if you can maneuver. I love this oatmeal suede, but they also have a beige leather and a dusty rose suede, along with otther neutrals (including a fabulous leopard print). They’re $120 at Zappos, available in sizes 5-11 in regular and wide sizes. (Amazon also has them as low as $54.) Sam Edelman Stillson|
|If you like the look of block heels, Everlane’s uber popular “day heel” comes in a TON of colors, including the “cognac” suede pictured as well as a “natural” suede, and various patents including “taupe” and “pale rose.” They’re $145, available in sizes 5-11. The Day Heel|
|Ooooh… if you are like me and have a wider forefront and narrow heel (I’ve heard readers call similar fit problems “duck feet” and thought, yep), an ankle strap can be a lifesaver — and coming from renowned comfort brand AGL, these shoes look fabulous if you’ve got fussy feet. I love the low heel (2.25″) and the modern look with the architectural block heel. They’re $345 at Nordstrom. (This very similar Cole Haan style is also from a comfort brand and is only $160.) Pictured: d’Orsay Ankle Strap Pump|
|These pumps caught my eye because there are so many things I hate about them — yet the overall look is so chic. I hate logos. I hate super high pumps (4.25″, or 105mm!). And when choosing a ankle strap pump for myself I always try to be mindful of the fact that a darker strap will make my leg look stumpy — so I definitely would not choose a dark red strap like this. And yet… I’ve never seen anything quite like this shoe. Hmmn. Hmmmn. The pump is $1,150. Daisy Ankle Strap Pump|
Like this feature? Check out other recent installments!
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!