Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
If I have to get dressed to go to the office, a fluid, drapey pant might be the best way to get me excited about leaving the house. These lapis blue pants from Lafayette 148 New York are just so gorgeous and comfortable-looking, I would want to wear them to the office with a blouse and structured blazer, and then at home with my favorite pajama top.
I think the trick to pulling off a wide leg like this one is to keep the top somewhat fitted and well-tailored, just to avoid the full-on pajama look.
The pants are $798 at Nordstrom and come in sizes XXS–XL.
A few options on the more affordable side (in various fabrics) are from Ann Taylor (sizes 00–16; $119 with 30% off at checkout), Anne Klein (sizes 2–16; $49.95 on sale), Banana Republic (regular sizes 0–20, petite 0–12; $149), and Eloquii (sizes 16–28; $89.95).
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.29.23:
- Nordstrom – 28,000 markdowns, and big beauty sale!
- Ann Taylor – Extra 30% off all sale styles
- Athleta – 25% off for members, 20% off core
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything + extra 20% off purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Extra 25% off women’s clearance (ends Monday 10/2) – some great basics on wool suits for women
- The Fold – Mid-season sale, up to 40% off!]
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off select sale styles, 30% off fall styles, and 30% off men’s and boys’ suiting
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything
- M.M.LaFleur – Sale on sale, extra 10% off
- Reiss – Mid-season sale, up to 50% off
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Theory – Friends + Family sale, 25% off sitewide
- Ulta – Fall Haul Event, up to 40% off (ends 9/30)
- Zappos – 18,500+ markdowns for women!