Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
If I were building a professional wardrobe from scratch on a budget, I would start with Calvin Klein dresses. They’re well-priced, and while they’re not necessarily on the cutting edge of fashion, that’s not what most people need for work.
This seamed scuba crepe dress is a great basic and is under $100. The black version could be a great wardrobe workhorse, but I also love the aubergine and ochre colors if you’re looking for something different.
The dress is $89 at Macy’s (but be on the lookout for frequent sales) and comes in sizes 2–16.
This black Calvin Klein sheath is available in sizes 14W–24W and is $99.98 at Dillard’s.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.24.21…
- Nordstrom – Earn 3X the points through September 26. Some reader favorites are here.
- Ann Taylor – $30-$50 off select full-price styles
- The Outnet – tons of great deals on Furstenberg dresses and tops.
- Loft – 50% off your purchase + free shipping
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase or 40% off $250
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Eloquii – 50% off everything + extra 10% off $125