For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
It’s hard to see, but this Akris blazer has some lovely slit details, like a cross between an asymmetrical peplum and exaggerated vents. I like it because it’s got a bit more style than a regular black suit — but everything else about it is really traditional and polished.
The blazer is $2,990, and the pants are $895; there are a number of double-faced wool sheath dresses that look great also. (OOOH, and this bright blue Akris blazer is down to $698, and this pretty pink one is down to $597, if you’re in the mood for a sale.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Hunting for more of a budget option? We just rounded up the best brands for affordable women’s suits…
Hunting for plus sizes? These are some of our favorite simple suits available in plus sizes…
Workwear Sales as of 5.11.21…
- Nordstrom – 4000 new markdowns!
- Brooks Brothers – sale styles up to 70% off!
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 30% off orders of $125+!
- Banana Republic Factory – 40-70% off everything!
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off sale styles.
- Ann Taylor – 50% off select full-price styles.
- Ann Taylor Factory – Up to 60% off, and 15% off a $100+ purchase.