For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
If you used to be a fan of British brand GOAT, they’ve changed their name to Jane Atelier! They’re still making lovely dresses and suits. This dark navy jersey jacket looks like a great basic.
(Side note: What do we think about the bootcut pants hemmed at that length, and paired with those shoes? I would argue that they look too long to be “ankle pants” but are too short to be proper bootcuts, which I think of as having a slight break over your foot, and covering all but the bottom 0.5″ or so of the back of your shoe… I’d also argue that this is why pointy or square-toe shoes generally pair best with bootcuts from a style perspective.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Psst: looking for more basic mid-range suits? Here are some of our favorites…
Workwear sales of note for 5.16.22…
- Nordstrom – 2,000 new markdowns!
- Gap – 40% off everything, no exclusions
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 30% off $150+
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything
- Zappos – 30,000 sale items (for women)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- J.Crew – 25% off full-price styles; extra 50% off sale styles
- Talbots – 40% off sitewide
- Loft – 50% off 1 full-price item; up to 40% off select full-price styles
- Ann Taylor – 30% off your purchase
- Lands’ End – 50% off swimwear; up to 60% off everything else
- Saks OFF 5th: Designer new arrivals up to 60% off