For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
Hat tip to the readers, who clued me in to White House Black Market’s “comfort stretch line” via our most-bought roundup last month. I’m intrigued by the idea of a really stretchy fabric for sheath dresses and pants, and I like that you can make a suit out of them with matching blazers. (Although, grrr, White House Black Market does not make it easy to find the matching pieces.)
I even like the cut of the sheath dress — I’ve always loved a not-too-deep V-neck, wide straps, and a high back. It’s also machine washable (YES!) and has an invisible zipper. The only possible way to make it better in my eyes would be extended sizes and pockets, sigh.
The dress comes with a matching blazer and two different cuts of matching pants; the pieces are $79-$180. (If the blue isn’t your favorite, the dress also comes in a basic black. The larger sizes are sold out for the blue, but the dresses allegedly came in sizes 0-18, so give your local store a call if you’re on the hunt. The pants, for what it’s worth, come in a TON of fun colors in regular, short, and tall lengths 0-18.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Hunting for something similar in different sizes? This light blue seersucker suit can be made to measure.
Workwear sales of note for 6.28.22…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance!
- Eloquii – Semi-Annual Clearance Sale, ends 6/29!!
- Net-a-Porter – Sale! Up to 60% off. Lots of deals on Girlfriend Collective, Theory, Vince, Victoria Beckham, Roland Mouret (love!), Altuzarra, and Dries van Noten.
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything
- Gap – 40% off your purchase
- Loft – 50% off 1 full-price item; 30% off full-price styles; extra 50% off sale styles
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off summer styles; extra 50% off sale styles; extra 50% off all swim
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 15% off $100 and 20% off $125; $10 deals; extra 50% off clearance
- Zappos – 42,000 sale items (for women)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- Ann Taylor – 40% off $250+, 30% off $150, 25% off $100
- Talbots – 30% off all markdowns plus extra 15% off
- Madewell – Extra 20% off sale