2019 Update: We’ve updated our suggestions for suits for tall girls, but you may want to check out our most recent discussion on the best stores for tall women.
Last week we posted advice (as well as a call for readers’ advice) on where to buy suits if you’re petite. In comments, people noted that it’s just as hard getting a proper suit if you’re tall. As one reader put it:
We already know about BR, JCrew, and AT and Talbots carry some tall pants (but not tall jackets). I am hoping to hear of some cult labels. I know that being petite is not great in that you cannot find stuff that hits properly at the joints (particularly when pants are bootcut), but us tall ladies cannot create fabric out of none. That is to say, it’s very difficult to wear suits and look like Olive Oyl! Please help.
Well, they do say that the look of “floodies” is coming to suits in a big way this year, so perhaps you’ll naturally be stylish? (Pictured: Maxine suit, available at Reiss for $144.) But seriously… as of 2019, these are some of the best stores selling suits for tall girls:
The Best Suits for Tall Girls
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
- Ann Taylor
- Anne Klein
- Banana Republic
- BOSS/Hugo Boss
- Brooks Brothers
- Etsy shops may also take custom measurements, such as the celebrity-inspired suits at heartmycloset and the vintage-inspired suits at VigilanteLabs (here’s our whole roundup of 7 fun Etsy shops for workwear!)
- Gianni Bini (at Dillard’s)
- Long Tall Sally
- M.M. LaFleur (filter by “tall-friendly”)
- Michaela Jedinak (add up to 10cm on every item)
- New York & Company (5’9″ and up)
- Of Mercer
- Ted Baker
- White House Black Market
Looking for great shoes to go with your tall workwear? If you’re looking for a wider width or a larger size, check out some of these options…
Comfortable Heels in Extended Widths & Sizes
In our last roundup of classic black heels for business attire, we rounded up some pumps that came in extended widths, including:
- Extended widths (AA, C, W): Target (M/W), Vionic (MW), Rockport (NMW), Ferragamo (2A, B, C), Trotters (M,W, WW), Sam Edelman (NMW), Bella Vita (AA-EE), LifeStride (AA-E), Naturalizer (N-WW),
- Extended sizes (4-13): Target (5-12), Calvin Klein (4-13), Ferragamo (4-11),
Some Comfortable Flats in Extended Widths & Sizes
In our last roundup of comfortable flats for work, we rounded up some flats that came in extended width sizes…
- Extended widths (AA, C, W): Børn (M-D), Sam Edelman (NMW), Ferragamo (N M W 2A B C D),
- Extended sizes (4-13): Børn (5-12), Sam Edelman (4-13), Ferragamo (4-11), Sarah Flint (4-13), Rothys (5-12)
Readers, weigh in — where do you shop for suits if you’re on the taller side? Where do you get the best suits for tall girls?
Please note: this post was originally written on Feb. 23, 2009, but substantially updated with all new links for suits for tall girls as of 2019!