This post was last updated in November 2022.
It can be hard to find workwear in tall sizes — many big brands don’t seem to consider women over 5’8″! — so today we’re sharing the best stores for tall women. When you’re short like me, it’s usually easy to have a tailor shorten pants, sleeves, etc., on clothing that doesn’t come in petite sizes (although it’s not ideal), but when you’re tall, the solution isn’t that simple.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
As of 2021, these are some of our favorite stores for extremely tall women…
- Alloy Apparel
- Amalli Talli
- Ann Taylor
- Banana Republic
- Dorothy Perkins
- Eddie Bauer
- Etsy shops may also take custom measurements, such as the celebrity-inspired suits at heartmycloset and the vintage-inspired suits at VigilanteLabs (here’s our whole roundup of 7 fun Etsy shops for workwear!)
- Gap (5’9″ and up)
- J.Crew Factory
- Lands’ End
- Long Tall Sally
- Madewell (two sections: tall AND “taller”)
- M.M. LaFleur (filter by “tall-friendly”)
- Michaela Jedinak (add up to 10cm on every item)
- New York & Company (5’9″ and up)
- Of Mercer
- Old Navy (5’10” and up)
- White House Black Market (long sizes)
Stores With Good Reputations for Tall Women (But Without Separate Sections)
- Anne Klein
- BOSS/Hugo Boss
- Brooks Brothers
- Gianni Bini (at Dillard’s)
- Ted Baker
- White House Black Market
Also, do note stores specializing in bespoke clothing or custom sizes made for you:
- Etsy shops may also take custom measurements, such as the celebrity-inspired suits at heartmycloset and the vintage-inspired suits at VigilanteLabs. (Here’s our whole roundup of 7 fun Etsy shops for workwear!)
- Rita & Phil (custom skirts)
Looking for great shoes to go with your tall workwear? If you’re looking for a wider width or a larger size, check out some of these options…
Comfortable Heels in Extended Widths & Sizes
In our last roundup of classic black heels for business attire, we rounded up some pumps that came in extended widths, including:
- Extended widths (AA, C, W): Target (M/W), Vionic (MW), Rockport (NMW), Ferragamo (2A, B, C), Trotters (M,W, WW), Sam Edelman (NMW), Bella Vita (AA-EE), LifeStride (AA-E), Naturalizer (N-WW),
- Extended sizes (4-13): Sam Edelman (4-13), Naturalizer (4-12), Rockport (5-13), VIONIC (6-12), Corso Como, (5-12) Target (5-12), Calvin Klein (4-13), Ferragamo (4-11), Smash Heels (10-14)
Some Comfortable Flats in Extended Widths & Sizes
In our last roundup of comfortable flats for work, we rounded up some flats that came in extended width sizes…
Readers, what do you think are the best stores for tall women? Where do you buy business attire in tall sizes? Which workwear brands do you WISH offered tall sizes?
Stock photo via Deposit Photos / roboriginal.