This page was last updated September 2023 except where otherwise noted.
It can be hard to find workwear in tall sizes — many big brands don’t seem to consider women over 5’8″! — so today we’re sharing the best stores for tall women. When you’re short like me, it’s usually easy to have a tailor shorten pants, sleeves, etc., on clothing that doesn’t come in petite sizes (although it’s not ideal), but when you’re tall, the solution isn’t that simple.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
As of 2023, these are some of our favorite stores for extremely tall people…
- Alloy Apparel
- Amalli Talli
- American Tall
- Ann Taylor
- Aritzia (long lengths)
- Banana Republic
- Banana Republic Factory
- Eddie Bauer
- eShakti (they can do totally custom sizes or “off the rack” sizes customized to your height, 4’6″-6’11”)
- Etsy shops may also take custom measurements, such as the celebrity-inspired suits at heartmycloset and the vintage-inspired suits at VigilanteLabs (here’s our whole roundup of 7 fun Etsy shops for workwear!)
- Express (long lengths)
- Gap (5’9″ and up)
- I Love Tall (good for slender and very tall women, according to readers)
- J.Crew Factory
- Lands’ End
- Long Tall Sally
- Madewell (two sections: tall AND “taller”)
- New York & Company (5’9″ and up)
- Old Navy (5’10” and up)
- Reiss (long lengths)
- Ulla Popken (12L-32L)
- Uniqlo (several options with 36″ inseam)
- White House Black Market (long sizes)
Stores With Good Reputations for Tall Women (But Without Separate Sections)
- Anne Klein
- BOSS/Hugo Boss
- Brooks Brothers
- Gianni Bini (at Dillard’s)
- MM.LaFleur (filter by “tall-friendly” – they also have a lot of pants with adjustable hems)
- Ted Baker
- White House Black Market
Tall Cuts in Extended Sizes (Smaller & Larger)
Hunting for tall cuts in extended sizes? As of 2023, we suggest you check out Aritzia (00T-16T) (known for being very small!), Banana Republic Factory (00T-20T), Betabrand (XSL-3XL), J.Crew (00T-20T), J.Crew Factory (00T-20T), Express (0L-18L), and White House | Black Market (00L-18L). For larger sizes, check out Eloquii (14T-32T) and Ulla Popken (12L-34L).
Where to Find Made-to-Measure Work Clothes for Tall Women
Hunting for the best made-to-measure work clothes? As of March 2023, the best options we know of are Brooks Brothers, Sumissura, Etsy sellers Heart My Closet, VigilanteLabs, and CelesteLilou, as well as smaller brands like Loud Bodies, Sharpe Suiting, IGIGI, eShakti, and Rita Phil (pencil skirts only).
Some of our favorite stores that offer free alterations for members include Nordstrom, J.Crew, Banana Republic, and Uniqlo (select styles). If you’re crafty, you may also want to check out our roundup of sewing patterns for workwear outfits.
Office Shoes for Tall Women
Looking for great shoes in extended widths or sizes? These are some of the Hall of Famers we know about…
Comfortable Heels in Extended Widths & Sizes
In our last roundup of classic black heels for business attire, we rounded up some pumps that came in extended widths, including:
- Extended widths (AA, C, W): Target (M/W), Rockport (NMW), Ferragamo (2A, B, C), Trotters (M,W, WW), Sam Edelman (NMW), Bella Vita (AA-EE), LifeStride (AA-E), Naturalizer (N-WW),
- Extended sizes (4-13): Sam Edelman (4-13), Naturalizer (4-12), Rockport (5-13), Target (5-12), Ferragamo (4-11), Smash Heels (10-14)
Some Comfortable Flats in Extended Widths & Sizes
In our last roundup of comfortable flats for work, we rounded up some flats that came in extended width sizes…
Readers, what do you think are the best stores for tall women? Where do you buy business attire in tall sizes? Which workwear brands do you WISH offered tall sizes?
Stock photo via Deposit Photos / roboriginal.