It can be hard to find workwear in tall sizes — many big brands don’t seem to consider women over 5’8″! — so today we’re sharing the best stores for tall women. When you’re short like me, it’s usually easy to have a tailor shorten pants, sleeves, etc., on clothing that doesn’t come in petite sizes (although it’s not ideal), but when you’re tall, the solution isn’t that simple. It’s been quite a while since we last talked about tall workwear in general (although we’ve shared suits for tall women and bespoke dresses for the office), so let’s discuss.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Here are the best stores for tall women, which happily includes some reader-favorite stores:
- Alloy Apparel
- Ann Taylor
- Banana Republic
- Dorothy Perkins
- Eddie Bauer
- Gap (5’9″ and up)
- Lands’ End
- Long Tall Sally
- M.M. LaFleur (filter by “tall-friendly”)
- Michaela Jedinak (add up to 10cm on every item)
- New York & Company (5’9″ and up)
- Of Mercer
- Old Navy (5’10” and up)
- Soft Surroundings
And here are readers’ suggestions for the best stores for tall women to buy suiting, even though they don’t have “tall” sizes:
- Anne Klein
- BOSS/Hugo Boss
- Brooks Brothers
- Gianni Bini (at Dillard’s)
- Nora Gardner
- Ted Baker
- White House Black Market
Also, do note stores specializing in bespoke clothing or custom sizes made for you:
- Etsy shops may also take custom measurements, such as the celebrity-inspired suits at heartmycloset and the vintage-inspired suits at VigilanteLabs. (Here’s our whole roundup of 7 fun Etsy shops for workwear!)
- Rita & Phil (custom skirts)
Readers, what do you think are the best stores for tall women? Where do you buy business attire in tall sizes? Which workwear brands do you WISH offered tall sizes?
Stock photo via Deposit Photos / roboriginal.