This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What fall TV is everyone excited about? What shows do you think are smart, or make good TV for smart women? Which old friends are you happy to see return, and which new shows are you psyched about? (Any other shows on Netflix or Amazon Prime worth binge watching?)
For my $.02 — we’ve finally gotten around to binge watching season 2 of Orange is the New Black, but beyond that it’s felt a bit quiet on the TV front. So far I have my TiVo set for
- Galavant — My brother convinced me to add this to the list after showing me this trailer.
- Shark Tank — as I mentioned on CorporetteMoms, I only got into this show during my maternity leave, but I’m totally obsessed with it… I feel like there are a lot of great business lessons to learn, as well as lessons about great presentations as well as negotiations.
- Selfie — I don’t even truly understand the premise, but John Cho and Karen Gillan? Sign me up.
- How to Get Away With Murder — looks ridiculous, but hey, sometimes ridiculous is good
- Forever — I only added it after seeing approximately 10 billion commercials for it during the Shark Tank marathon. (My almost-4-month-old is apparently teething and having sleep regression issues already, so I’ve been watching a ton of TV while trying to nurse him and rock him to sleep.)
We’re still watching Masters of Sex, but I’ve been underwhelmed by the second season. I realllly want to see Outlander… but not enough to sign up for Starz. I have no idea when The Americans comes back on, but I’m totally obsessed with the show. (And, annoyingly, everyone I know has had a Keri Russell sighting in my neighborhood except me — grumble!)
In terms of old favorites, I guess I’m excited for Modern Family, Hannibal (how are they going to get out of that season finale?), The Mindy Project (ooh, I always forget about this show but love it), Castle, and Game of Thrones (although, like The Americans, I have no idea when that’s coming back on). (Ditto for Mad Men, although for some reason I am preparing myself to be disappointed in the final season.) For binge watching, I highly recommend Veep, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Silicon Valley.
Ladies, let’s hear from you — what are you looking forward to? Any new shows I should definitely add to my TiVo wish list? Any old favorites I’m not watching? (Another Q: how much tv do you watch? Do you take advantage of the ability to watch wherever and watch at the gym, the office on your lunch hour, or other places that are not your couch?)