Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
I tend to shy away from blouses with buttons because of fit issues (who’s got time for awkward gaping?), but I’m always on the lookout for a top that solves those issues. This “liquid jersey” blouse from Universal Standard has the classic button-up silhouette but is made from a fabric with a bit of stretch and has extra snaps in between the problematic buttons.
The black color would be a great neutral to have on hand, but it also comes in anemone (pink) and malt ball (beige).
The top is $94 at Universal Standard and comes in sizes 0-40.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.29.23:
- Nordstrom – 28,000 markdowns, and big beauty sale!
- Ann Taylor – Extra 30% off all sale styles
- Athleta – 25% off for members, 20% off core
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything + extra 20% off purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Extra 25% off women’s clearance (ends Monday 10/2) – some great basics on wool suits for women
- The Fold – Mid-season sale, up to 40% off!]
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off select sale styles, 30% off fall styles, and 30% off men’s and boys’ suiting
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything
- M.M.LaFleur – Sale on sale, extra 10% off
- Reiss – Mid-season sale, up to 50% off
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Theory – Friends + Family sale, 25% off sitewide
- Ulta – Fall Haul Event, up to 40% off (ends 9/30)
- Zappos – 18,500+ markdowns for women!