This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been working on this post for days and it’s still a work in progress, so I’m turning it into the weekend open thread! I’ve tried to highlight the things that go the most quickly below; stay tuned for our workwear, shoes, and coat picks. One of the things that has gone the MOST quickly in previous years is the Barefoot Dreams blankets — I’ve never managed to snag one myself — but this year they have a TON of styles and colors, all around $97-$147. My sons have STRONG opinions on our loungey throw blankets so I can’t wait to see what their thoughts are on this one.
(Do note that you can find all of the Hall of Famers and reader favorites in the sale by checking this link — lots of great sale prices on pants in particular.)
What to Buy FIRST in the 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Lingerie is always among the MOST-BOUGHT items, particularly Natori! (This bra is ALWAYS one of the top sellers because I think it’s exclusively sold during the NAS.) There are also great deals to be had from True & Co, Commando, Wacoal, Chantelle, Hanky Panky, and Spanx.
Pictured above, some of the TOP sellers every year for the NAS, clockwise, starting at the top left: super comfy wireless bras / pretty underwire with rose details / blue wireless bralette / purple underwire (HUGE favorite) / purple matching panties / bluish briefs / beige thong (HUGE favorite, so is this brand’s) / gray cotton panties
Loungewear always goes fast in the NAS also — lots of great deals from Barefoot Dreams (I have 3 of these sweaters, and there are a TON Of blankets on sale this year), as well as deals from UGG and the super popular Nordstrom-brand Moonlight PJs (regular and plus sizes). I’d also add Zella’s super soft loungey line to this list.
Beauty deals are also one of the first things to go — I know the Olaplex one in particular is hot. Some other reader favorites in the sale, clockwise from top left: Nars / Neulash / Good Genes / Dior / T3 / Olaplex / Living Proof / Alterna. Oh and there’s a nice selection of perfume discovery sets (I’m debating between Atelier Cologne and Penhaligon’s), a huge Paula’s Choice bottle, and some great Charlotte Tilbury bundles in the sale.
Zella workout duds are also always among the most-bought items — we just posted about these loungey leggings, and this line of leggings has LONG been a reader-favorite… lots of nice stuff from Beyond Yoga and Sweaty Betty too, as well as The North Face if you’re gearing up for winter sports/hobbies.
Tons of shoes and bags from as well as accessories like shoes and bags from Tory Burch, Sam Edelman, Marc Fisher LTD, Dagne Dover, Tumi, Longchamp, and All Saints — pictured above, clockwise from top right, are $94-$333: Ted Baker / Kate Spade / Kurt Geiger / Tumi / Tory Burch / Clare V
Specific workwear brands of note: There’s lots to love in the sale from affordable brands like Halogen, Tahari, and Vince Camuto, as well as from investment brands like Hugo Boss, Theory, Lafayette 148 New York, Vince, and Co. Some of these finds may be a little party focused, but if you’re on the hunt or have a very feminine style, the sales may be for you: CeCe, Maggy London, Eliza J and Ted Baker.
For the weekend — lots of inventory from Madewell, Rag & Bone, L’Agence, and Marine Layer (I didn’t realize Nordstrom sold that brand!), as well as a few comfy weekend shoes from Sofft, Vionic, and UGG
If you’re expecting (or have small kids), there are lots of nice strollers on sale! I always stock up on kids’ shoes and winter brands like The North Face in the sales since the Nordstrom return policy is so amazing.
Workwear sales of note for 12.7.23
Our favorites are in bold!
- Nordstrom – Holiday sale up to 50% off; up to 40% off selected designer styles
- Ann Taylor – 40% off your purchase & extra 15% off sweaters
- Banana Republic – 40% off your purchase; up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything & extra 20% off purchase; Gap Inc. cardmembers take extra 25% off
- ba&sh – Winter sale up to 50% off
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer sale up to 40% off; extra 15% off sale; complimentary same-day delivery
- Brooklinen – 25% off best sellers, up to 40% off bundles!
- Club Monaco – 25% off almost everything
- J.Crew – 40% off your purchase with code; up to 50% off coats; up to 60% off present picks
- Loft – 40% off your purchase plus extra 15% off
- Lo & Sons – Up to 50% off plus extended return policy — reader favorites include this laptop tote, this backpack, and this crossbody
- Sephora – 20% off purchase with code; 30% off all Sephora Collection
- Summersalt – Up to 60% off select styles (this reader-favorite sweater blazer is 40% off)
- Talbots – 40% off your regular-price purchase; 50% off all sweaters, coats, shoes & accessories; readers love this cashmere boatneck and this cashmere cardigan, as well as their sweater blazers in general
- Theory – Extra 25% off everything; extra 10% off with Apple Pay
- Theory Outlet – Last-chance styles 70-80% off; extra 25% off sweaters; readers love this T-shirt
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
- Favorite comfy pants for an overnight plane ride?
- I’ve got a nasty case of tech neck…
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What’s the best commuter backpack?
- I’m early 40s and worry my career arc is ending…
- I canNOT figure out the proportions in this current season of fashion…
- How is everyone wearing scarves in 2023?
- What shoes are people wearing to work between boot and sandal season?
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What are some of your go-to outfits that feel current?
- I need more activities that are social, easy to learn and don’t involve extreme running/jumping/etc.