For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I love a good product description for suits — here’s this one:
Joseph Altuzarra’s ‘Tamaar’ blazer evokes the same warm feeling as grabbing coffee with an old friend – it’ll start to feel as familiar, too, considering how often you’ll wear it. From the Resort ’21 collection (which really factors in comfort), it’s been tailored in Italy from exceptionally soft wool-crepe and has lightly padded shoulders and a sweeping scoop neckline.
From this description I’m getting the feeling that it’s crazy soft, more like an old comfy sweater than a beautiful structured blazer — and I kind of like the dichotomy if they can pull it off. (My only concern would be tailoring — it looks long on the model, who is 5’10 — but I suspect if you have $2000+ to spend on a suit, custom tailoring is the kind of thing that is you do on the regular.)
Psst: this suit reminds me of the movie Soapdish, where Elizabeth Shue’s character is annoyed that the yellow suit makes her look like Tweety-Bird. (It’s a great movie; check it out if you have time over the holidays!)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 3-2-21)
- Nordstrom – Winter sale, up to 70% off! Designer clearance continues also, up to 70% off. (Big sales on Natori bras!)
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Loft – Extra 70% off all sale styles; extra 25% off your $125+ purchase
- Ann Taylor – Extra 40-60% all sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – 72-hour sale: 72% off wear-now favorites (ends 3/4)
- Lands’ End – 30% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic – Extra 60% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 70% off everything
- Talbots – 25% off your purchase; $50 off $175+; free shipping (no min.)