For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I’d love to hear from you guys where your favorite eco-friendly suits are from — in my experience, basic suits can be one of the hardest things to thrift because there are so many teeny tiny style changes to the structure of the suit (shoulder padding, lapel width, etc.) that finding the right “basic” look is really difficult. And most of the eco-friendly brands I know about don’t offer suiting.
But H&M does — indeed, they have a number of slouchy cool suits with single buttons, double buttons, and more (cropped jackets! loooong jackets!) — all in their Conscious collection, which H&M defines as:
We also have Conscious choice: pieces created with a little extra consideration for the planet. Each Conscious choice product contains at least 50% of more sustainable materials — like organic cotton or recycled polyester — but many contain a lot more than that.
Awesome! The pictured blazer is $34.99 and is available in four colors sizes XS–XXL; the outer layer is partially made from recycled polyester.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Psst: If you’re hunting for eco-friendly clothes to wear to work, check out major brands like Boden, Eileen Fisher, H&M Conscious, Karen Kane, Theory, and Ted Baker — Nordstrom also has a big section devoted to sustainable style! You can also check out smaller brands like Amour Vert, Cuyana, Everlane, Emerson Fry, Grana, Reformation, and Wallis Evera.
Workwear sales of note for 1.27.23:
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off! (Kat’s note: I made a massive order a few days ago personally; lots of major markdowns with lucky sizes.)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles plus an extra 20% off; $30 off full-price pants, denim, and skirts
- Athleta – 20% off your purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything plus extra 15% off $125+
- Bloomingdale’s – Take an extra 50% off all items labeled EXTRA 50% OFF for a total savings of 70-80% (big discounts on Kooples blouses (for work) and Hervé Léger dresses (for play))
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Dermstore – Last chance sale (through 1/31) – take an EXTRA 10% off existing markdowns (including the ones 50% off) with code
- Everlane – Up to 70% off
- Hugo Boss – Final reductions: Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance
- J.McLaughlin – Extra 40% off sale
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 75% off
- Talbots – Semi-annual Red Door sale! Extra 50% off all markdowns
- Zappos – Winter Clearance! Check out these reader-favorite workwear brands on sale. (Ooh: and new hassle-free returns at select Whole Foods.)