This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s have an open thread today, readers — how important is work-from-home flexibility to you, going forward? I know I’ve seen a lot of readers commenting on both sides of this issue — that WFH is NOT for them, while others don’t miss their commute and time in-office. It sounds like some companies are going to offer work-from-home flexibility as a regular perk, while other companies can’t wait to get back to the office.
So let’s discuss: how important is work-from-home flexibility to you going forward? If you’re looking for a new job, is the flexibility to work from home sometimes a must-have for you? Do you like some balance between remote work and being required to be in the office sometimes? For those of you who think a mix of the two is best, do you prefer if the majority of your colleagues are back in the office on the same days (i.e., everyone shows up on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, while everyone works from home Monday/Friday) — or do you feel like some other equation is better?
For my own $.02 – I’ve obviously been working from home for a LONG time (wow, ten years at this point). I have always felt that there is room for improvement in my personal productivity, focus and attention, whether in office or at home — but I can also say that for me, in general, I vastly prefer working from home.
I wrote before about how 2020/2021 have not been truly representative of the remote work experience — a high proportion of households were home, people couldn’t work somewhere other than home due to social distancing and shutdowns, and entire offices needed to adapt to what was maybe new technology and methods if they didn’t have many staffers working remotely prior to the pandemic. It’s been a rocky road for sure!
Over to you, readers — what are your thoughts on WFH versus going to the office? How important is work-from-home flexibility to you going forward?
Stock photo via Stencil (woman wearing pink pants working with laptop on her lap while drinking a fancy coffee).
Workwear sales of note for 11.28.23
Our favorites are in bold!
- Nordstrom – Black Friday deals have started! 1,800+ sale items! Shop designer, get bonus notes up to $1200. Markdowns include big deals on UGG, Natori, Barefoot Dreams, Marc Fisher LTD, Vionic and more!
- Abercrombie & Fitch – 25% off everything plus extra 15% off select styles online AND free shipping
- All Saints – 30% off everything (ends tomorrow)
- Amour Vert – 50% off sitewide with code – readers love this short-sleeved silk blouse
- Anine Bing – Sale, extra 20% off! Many blazers down around $250
- Ann Taylor – Up to 40% off your purchase
- Banana Republic – 40% off your purchase, including cashmere; up to 60% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 60% off everything & extra 20% off purchase
- ba&sh – Up to 50% off Fall/Winter styles
- Bergdorf Goodman – Extra 30% off select sale, save up to 70% off
- BeyondYoga – 30% off sitewide, up to 75% off sale
- Club Monaco – 40% off your purchase
- Cole Haan – Up to 60% off almost everything plus extra 10% off
- Design Within Reach – “Best Sale Ever”: 25% off Herman Miller, Knoll, HAY, Muuto, DWR Collection; 20% off everything else (readers love the Herman Miller Aeron and Sayl for office chairs) (ends 11/29)
- Express – 50% off everything, $19+ Cyber Monday arrivals
- Freda Salvador – 25% off sitewide
- Her Room – Up to 50% off 1000s of items
- Hugo Boss – Up to 40% off women’s & exclusives
- J.Crew – 50% off everything + free shipping
- J.Crew Factory – 60% off everything, no exclusions (ends 11/28) – readers love the schoolboy sweater blazer
- Kule – Up to 40% off, $50 off when you spend $250
- L’Agence – Up to 60% off select styles, lots of deals on the Chamberlain blazer and their blouses
- La Ligne – Mercigiving sale, 50% off select stripes and seasonal essentials; all sales final (ends tonight)
- Lands’ End – 50% off sitewide (readers love the cashmere)
- LK Bennett – 30% off everything; all bags & accessories half price (ends tonight)
- Loft – Free shipping, 60% off 2+ styles or 50% off 1
- Lululemon – Black Friday sales! Prices marked 30-60% off from my rough estimate.
- Lo & Sons – Up to 70% off; spend $100, get an extra 10% off wallets – reader favorites include this laptop tote, this backpack, and this crossbody
- Madewell – 50% off your purchase
- Ministry of Supply – 25% off sitewide with code (ends 11/29)
- M.M.LaFleur – 25% off sitewide with code (ends tonight)
- Nordstrom Rack – One day only, up to 70% off, and extra 40% off clearance for a total savings up to 75% off
- Quince – 5 days of deals! Monday deals include 50% off silk slip dresses, select underwear and cashmere loungewear, and lots of men’s items
- Rag & Bone – 30% off everything, up to 80% off (readers love this blazer)
- Reformation – 25% off everything
- Rothy’s – 30% off sitewide 11/20-11/27 — this is their first sitewide sale ever!
- Sarah Flint – 30% off sitewide plus get a $100 gift card for your next purchase on your purchase over $500 (ends 11/28)
- Shopbop – 25% off sitewide with code (ends 11/28)
- Soma – Savings on Enbliss bras, panties, and pajamas – Cyber Monday deals starting at $25
- Summersalt – 30% off everything plus extra $10 off sweaters with code; up to 60% off (this reader favorite sweater blazer is down to $75)
- Steelcase – Up to 20% off sitewide (readers love the Leap and the Gesture for office chairs)
- Stuart Weitzman – Extra 25% off full-price and sale styles with code
- Talbots – 50% off entire site + free shipping — readers love this cashmere boatneck and this cashmere cardigan, as well as their sweater blazers in general
- Theory – 25% off sitewide + extra 10% off
- Theory Outlet – up to 80% off sweaters and outerwear – readers love this t-shirt
- Tory Burch – Up to 50% off, new styles added – readers love this tote and these sneakers
- Tuckernuck – Biggest sale of the year! 20% off sitewide, 25% off $500+, 30% off $1000+
- Ulta – Up to 50% off Cyber Monday, over 400 new deals including 30% off all Clinique, 50% off gift sets, and up to 40% off tools and brushes
- Uniqlo – Limited time deals starting at $14.90 (ends 11/23)
- Universal Standard – Enjoy 30% off everything (as a minimum) Up to 50% off best selling styles; denim starts at $35
- Veronica Beard – Extra 25% off sale, and “daily drop styles up to 50% off”
- Victoria’s Secret – 40% off sitewide
- White House Black Market – Up to 60% off; 30% off entire purchase + free shipping
- Zappos – Early Black Friday sale! Save BIG on footwear, clothing, bags and more. Daily Deals 50% off, and check out these reader-favorite workwear brands on sale, and some of our favorite kid shoe brands on sale.
Furniture & Housewares
- Ashley – Up to 50% off select items
- Crate & Barrel – up to 60% off, plus free shipping 99+
- Design Within Reach – 20% off sitewide, 25% off on Herman Miller, Knoll, HAY, Muuto, DWR Collection, and more (readers love the Herman Miller Aeron and Sayl for office chairs!)
- Steelcase – 20% off sitewide, 25% off the Gesture (readers love the Leap and the Gesture for office chairs)
- West Elm – Biggest event of the year, up to 70% off
Kid- and Family-Related Sales
- Amazon – Up to 25% off car seats, strollers and more from Britax & BOB Gear
- BabyJogger – 25% off everything
- Bloomingdale’s – 20% off on select UppaBaby, Maxi-Cosi, Stokke, Bugaboo, Thule, and more
- Carter’s – 50-60% off entire site; extra 20% off cyber deals with code
- Crate & Kids – Up to 50% off everything plus free shipping sitewide; save 10% off full price items
- J.Crew Crewcuts – 50% off everything + free shipping
- Hanna Andersson – 50% off everything + extra 20% off clearance
- ErgoBaby – 40% off Omni Breeze Carrier, 25% off Evolve 3-in-1 bouncer, $100 off Metro+Stroller
- Graco – Up to 30% off car seats
- Nordstrom – Big deals on CRANE BABY, Joolz, Baby Jogger Summit, Petunia Pickle Bottom, TWELVElittle and Posh Peanut
- Old Navy – 50% off everything, ends today
- SNOO / Happiest Baby – 35% off SNOO, up to 60% sitewide (ends today)
- Target – Up to 40% off nursery furniture, plus sales on HALO Innovations, Graco, activity gyms, and Safety 1st strollers and cribs
- Pottery Barn Baby – Up to 70% off toys, gifts, plyaroom furniture and more
- Strolleria – Save 20% on select UPPABaby strollers, up to 25% off Bugaboo, up to 50% off Joolz, and additional deals on Silver Cross, Veer, Doona, Wonderfold, dadada, Clek, and Thule
- Walmart – Savings on Maxi-Cosi car seats, adventure wagons, rocker recliners, security cameras and more!
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
- Favorite comfy pants for an overnight plane ride?
- I’ve got a nasty case of tech neck…
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What’s the best commuter backpack?
- I’m early 40s and worry my career arc is ending…
- I canNOT figure out the proportions in this current season of fashion…
- How is everyone wearing scarves in 2023?
- What shoes are people wearing to work between boot and sandal season?
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What are some of your go-to outfits that feel current?
- I need more activities that are social, easy to learn and don’t involve extreme running/jumping/etc.