Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Is anyone else getting on board with the flare-leg pant trend? I’m rarely an early adopter when it comes to these things, but these trousers look so much more flattering than the low-rise flares of my youth that I may have to hop on this.
Be aware that when wearing pants like these, you’re going to want to pay very careful attention to hem length. Too long, and your shoes will completely disappear, too short, and you lose the leg-lengthening effect that comes with the flares. Kat put together a great set of photos here, and I agree with her assessment — you should just be able to see the toe of your shoe and roughly an inch of the heel. When you go to the tailor, make sure you bring the shoes that you want to wear with the pants, so you can get it just right.
These pants are $275 and come in sizes 0–12. They’re also available in pacific blue. Isabella Pants
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (11/24/20):
- J.Crew – 50% off your purchase and extra 60% off sale styles
- Pottery Barn, West Elm, etc. – Black Friday Sales starting early! Up to 50% off on lots of stuff.
- Zenni – 15%-25% off. We’ve started ordering my son’s eyeglasses/prescription sunglasses/tinted eyeglasses through here, and the prices are hard to beat; I’ve also got some blue-blocking nonprescription eyeglasses for my hubs in my cart.
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Ann Taylor – 50% off your purchase
- LOFT – Up to 60% off hundreds of styles
- Banana Republic – 50% off everything
- Nordstrom – Up to 50% off
- Lo & Sons – Up to 60% off and 6-month returns
Reader Favorites on Sale:
- This comfy notch blazer is down to $58.80 in some colors and sizes…
- These washable, lightweight stretchy trousers from Nic & Zoe are $67-$109 depending on size and color
- So many cute Zella things on sale (the fleece!)
- Tumi on sale, up to 40% off!