Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
We’re about to enter velvet blazer season and, even though holiday parties will likely be Zoom affairs this year, I’m still going to do whatever it takes to feel festive.
This deep green jacket would be such a statement piece, particularly if paired with slim black or navy pants and heels. I’ve always liked the look of a traditionally masculine piece (a double-breasted blazer with broad shoulders and peaked lapels) with feminine tailoring and fabrics. It makes me think of that classic image of Marlene Dietrich in a tuxedo, or, more recently, Janelle Monáe anytime she shows up to an award show.
If green velvet isn’t your thing, L’Agence has the same blazer in black, gray, ivory, or a pink floral.
The blazer is $695 and available in sizes 0–10. Kenzie Velvet Blazer
NYDJ has a lower-priced alternative that’s $139 at Nordstrom and comes in sizes XS–XL. Another affordable option is from Talbots; it’s available in four size ranges and is $169 (but be on the lookout for sales).
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 3-3-21)
- Nordstrom – Winter sale, up to 70% off! Designer clearance continues also, up to 70% off. (Big sales on Natori bras!)
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Loft – Up to 40% off; extra 25% off
- Ann Taylor – 40 full-price tops & sweaters; extra 50% off 1 sale item, extra 60% off 2 sale items, extra 70% off 3 sale items
- Ann Taylor Factory – 72-hour sale: 72% off wear-now favorites (ends 3/4)
- Lands’ End – 30% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic – Extra 60% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 70% off everything
- Talbots – 40% off 1 item; 25% off the rest of our purchase (ends 3/7)