As with my round-up of my favorite items from our TPS reports, I thought I’d round up my favorite accessory recommendations from 2010. Readers, which are your favorites? Any from the commenting threads?
(Each picture is from one month, and links back to the original post.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 6.02.23:
- Nordstrom – The Half-Yearly Sale has started! See our thoughts here.
- Ann Taylor – $50 off $150; $100 off $250+; extra 30% off all sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything + extra 25% off purchase
- Boden – Sale, up to 50% off
- Cole Haan – Up to 50% off select styles; extra 20% off sandals & sneakers
- Eloquii – 60% off all tops
- Express – 30% off all dresses, tops, shorts & more; extra 50% off clearance
- H&M – Up to 60% off online and in-store.
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off “dressed up” styles (lots of cute dresses!); extra 50% off select sale
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; 60% off 100s of summer faves; extra 60% off clearance
- J.McLaughlin – The Sale Event: extra 30% off
- Loft – 40% off tops; 30% off full-price styles
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty.
- Shopbop – Up to 60% off sale
- Sue Sartor – Lots of cute dresses on sale!
- Talbots – 25-40% off select styles
Other noteworthy sales:
- CB2.com – Up to 40% off; pop-up sale up to 30% off
- Joss & Main – Up to 60% off, plus an extra 20% off with code
- Tuft & Needle – Save up to $775 on mattresses (Reader-favorite brand; Kat really likes hers!)
- West Elm – Up to 25% off in-stock furniture; up to 60% off clearance
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
And some of our latest threadjacks here at Corporette (reader questions and commentary) — see more here!
- Favorite comfy pants for an overnight plane ride?
- I’ve got a nasty case of tech neck…
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What’s the best commuter backpack?
- I’m early 40s and worry my career arc is ending…
- I canNOT figure out the proportions in this current season of fashion…
- How is everyone wearing scarves in 2023?
- What shoes are people wearing to work between boot and sandal season?
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What are some of your go-to outfits that feel current?
- I need more activities that are social, easy to learn and don’t involve extreme running/jumping/etc.
Oh, Cole Haan bags, why are you so beautiful and yet I still haven’t won the lottery?
I’m a huge fan of Cole Haan bags too. I’ve had my eye on this one:
I usually prefer a zip-top, but I love that dark purple.
Link didn’t work! What’s the name of the bag?
Cole Haan is by far my favorite handbag designer. I love to walk into a Cole Haan store and just breathe in the smell of the bags. (I’m a weirdo.)
Oops! It’s the Gramercy Taylor.
Oh, that dark purple color is lovely.
I hope I’m not getting your hopes up, but I think I saw this bag at TJ Maxx last week in the $180 range (in a midnight blue color, perhaps?). I’ve been very impressed by the bag selection at the TJ Maxx in my neighborhood lately (lots of Cole Haan, Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff to name a few)
Anon in DC
If smelling handbags (or really, breathing in the smell in any leather store) is wrong, I don’t want to be right! I love the smell of leather.
Cole Haan is a the big winner — the only repeat “offender” on the above list, coming in with 3 (or 2.5) plugs.
Btw — was in Nordstrom Rack in Union Sq., NY recently, and they had a ton of CH shoes for $100 and under. Lots of sizes left, lots of work appropriate options, too. Oh, if only my money wasn’t being spent on so many other people right now….
My favorites are:
1) Red Brahmin bag. https://corporette.com/2010/07/22/coffee-break-brahmin-manning-louise-satchel/
Even my DAD complimented me on it (he’s a typical man’s man, so a total surprise)
2) Colored beads necklace. https://corporette.com/2010/05/11/coffee-break-glass-beads-necklace/
It’s a beautiful piece, and also inspires lots of compliments.
I like these reflection posts. And I still LOVE that Cole Haan numbers bag.
Me too! I clicked the link to the product in the hope that it had gone on sale. Luckily, it hadn’t, so I’m not really tempted to actually buy it.
Actually, it looks like it is out of stock. The only thing that kept me from biting the bullet before was the fact that it says “Assouline” on the side of it.
LOVE the numbers bag!
Love that bag, too. Also, the necklaces by Irene Jung. Glad Kat posted this, I’d forgotten all about those.
ST - engr
I also love that bag. My heart sank when I realized (again) that it is $450. Maybe I will find it on eBay someday.
Forgot how much I liked the numbers bag!
You do a really nice job on this blog, Kat. Thank you.
ST - engr
I agree! Kat is the greatest!
I second or third this!
Still in love with those Johnston & Murphy shoes. Plus a bunch of other ones I found on the site after learning about the company on here. Thanks for all your hard work Kat!
I have a question!
My firm scheduled me an appointment for a professional headshot. They tried to give me a one day notice and I was like “Woah, this girl is going to need time to shop for the right jacket!” and trim my ends… etc… etc… Well, I didn’t tell them all that but… ;)
Does anyone have any advice for a good headshot? I am thinking a simple blazer with some kind of top under that cuts across (rather than a collared shirt… for some reason, women’s collared shirts dont fit neatly under jackets for me). It will be used for proposals and other marketing reasons I believe. Looking at the company’s website, I can tell some people have the same picture from probably 5 or 10 years ago so I need to make this good.
Any advice on jewelry? Colors? Makeup? I have dark hair, dark eyes, and medium-light skin.
There was a ton of discussion about this here before, so you may want to search for that.
I would say your makeup needs to be amped up a bit so you don’t look washed out; wear something classic/non-trendy — keep it all simple; consider whether the pic will be b&w or color in terms of what colors will look good; navy photographs better than black.
I personally would have my hair and makeup professionally done the day of the photo if it’s going to be disseminated widely and for years. As for what to wear, it depends on if it’s color or black and white. Assuming color, I’d do a color analysis (there was a great post on how to do this on this blog a while ago) and figure out if you’re best in cools or warms, brights or muted colors, light or dark colors. Then I’d wear a blazer that contrasts nicely with the shirt under it in colors that work best for you, and simple, understated jewelry.
plumbing brooklyn ny
First of all I would like to say superb blog! I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts
prior to writing. I have had a tough time clearing my thoughts in
getting my ideas out there. I truly do enjoy writing but
it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted simply just trying
to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips?