This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
Eco-friendly suits are few and far between, so I’m excited that *some* of the suiting at L.K. Bennett is in their Conscious line.
Although the brand notes that it has “always championed slow fashion,” they’ve committed to further reducing their impact with the LKB Conscious line. They describe these steps as including “the materials we use, the suppliers we work with, and the packaging we wrap and deliver our pieces in.”
This navy skirt suit looks great – I love the pleat details on the pockets and the high neckline. I do wish the skirt had a few more inches on it, but perhaps that’s the model.
(Also: this is an excellent example of wearing flats with a skirt suit, which can be a bit tricky.)
The skirt is $270, and the blazer is $450; both pieces are available in sizes 2-14.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
As of 2023: If you’re hunting for eco-friendly clothes to wear to work, check out major brands like Boden, Eileen Fisher, Hobbs, LK Bennett, Karen Kane, Ministry of Supply, Reformation, Ted Baker, Theory, and Treasure & Bond (by Nordstrom). Sustainable luxury brands include Acne Studios, Chloé, Gucci, Loeffler Randall, Mara Hoffman, Stella McCartney, and Vivienne Westwood. Nordstrom has a big section devoted to sustainable style!
Also try smaller eco-friendly workwear brands like these:
- ABLE (aims to empower women)
- Aday (machine washable! pockets!)
- Altar (made in USA; shares tons of info on company practices)
- Amour Vert (recycled polyester, washable silk, regenerated wool)
- Christydawn (includes Regenerative Cotton Collection)
- Cleobella (also makes handbags & swimwear)
- Cuyana (100% from sustainable fabrics)
- Everlane (organic cotton, cashmere, 100% recycled polyester, etc.)
- Emerson Fry (made in USA)
- Fair Indigo (organic cotton)
- Grammar (organic cotton; NYC factory)
- Grana (Supima cotton, silk, Tencel, cashmere)
- Hours (upcycled fabric; plastic-free packaging)
- Kirrin Finch (menswear-inspired; extended sizes)
- Malaika New York (regenerated nylon, organic cotton, etc.)
- Minimalist (made in USA; biodegradable, recyclable)
- Naadam (deadstock cashmere — other companies’ leftover materials)
- pact (organic cotton; zero net carbon; fair trade)
- Passion Lilie (natural fibers, nontoxic dyes; fair trade)
- Pure Collection (cashmere certified by Sustainable Fibre Alliance)
- Quince (cashmere, washable silk, organic cotton)
- The R Collective (reuses and recycles pre-consumer materials)
- Santicler (machine-washable merino wool, eco-cashmere)
- Sotela (clothing made to order, some customizations)
- tentree (99% sustainable fibers; climate neutral)
- Thought (organic cotton, bamboo, wool, etc.; collections 96% vegan)
- Wallis Evera (made in Canada; hemp, organic cotton, silk, Lyocell)
- Wildfang (menswear-inspired; extended sizes, including tall)
Wondering where to find eco-friendly suits for women? As of 2023, check out Theory, Ministry of Supply, LK Bennett, and Aday — and for more gender-neutral suiting, try Kirrin Finch and Wildfang, both of which offer extended sizes. NET-A-PORTER has some pricey options like Another Tomorrow in their NET SUSTAIN section.
Workwear sales of note for 12.1.23
Our favorites are in bold!
- Nordstrom – Limited-Time Sale of 11,000+ items; up to 25% off select women’s coats & jackets (ends 12/6); Nike up to 25% off (ends 12/2); markdowns include big deals on UGG, Natori, Marc Fisher LTD, Vionic and more!
- Ann Taylor – Up to 40% off full-price styles; extra 40% off all sale styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 25% off $125+
- ba&sh – Up to 50% off fall/winter styles
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer Sale: Up to 40% off; free same-day delivery for a limited time
- Club Monaco – 25% off almost everything
- Express – 40% off everything
- J.Crew – 50% off women’s styles; extra 30% off sale styles
- Loft – 40% off full-price styles; 60% off 2+ sale styles or 50% off 1
- Lo & Sons – Up to 70% off; spend $100, get an extra 10% off wallets — reader favorites include this laptop tote, this backpack, and this crossbody
- Summersalt – 30% off everything; up to 60% off select styles (this reader-favorite sweater blazer is down to $75)
- Talbots – 30% off entire purchase, including all markdowns — readers love this cashmere boatneck and this cashmere cardigan, as well as their sweater blazers in general
- Theory – Cold weather essentials up to 40% off
- Theory Outlet – Last-chance styles 70-80% off; up to 70% off coats; up to 60% off cashmere; extra 20% off 2 items and extra 25% off 3+ items; readers love this T-shirt
- Universal Standard – Up to 81% off; jeans start at $35
Kid- and Family-Related Sales
- BabyJogger – 25% off 3 items with code
- Crate & Kids – Toy & gift event: up to 50% off everything; save 10% off full price items
- J.Crew Crewcuts – 50% off everything; extra 30% off sale styles
- Ergobaby – 40% off Omni Breeze Carrier, 25% off Evolve 3-in-1 bouncer, $100 off Metro+ Strollers
- Graco – Up to 30% off car seats
- Strolleria – 25% off Wonderfold wagons, and additional deals on dadada, Cybex, and Peg Perego
- Walmart – Savings on Maxi-Cosi car seats, adventure wagons, rocker recliners, security cameras and more!